Here's what is on our dinner menu this week:
Sunday (last night) - Spaghetti with Side Salad and Garlic Crescent Rolls
I make my spaghetti a different way almost every time, and Keith is a spaghetti critique, so I've evolved my style over the past few years to make it perfect (for him :). But, this is my most commonly used *quick* method: Chop one whole white onion and combine with ground beef in skillet to brown, add a teaspoon minced garlic, drain. In a saucepan, add 1 jar bottled sauce (I prefer Bertoli Vineyard or Tomato Basil), a few shakes of Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning, add in the ground beef and onion, and let it reach a boil. Once it's heated through, I lower temp add a few tablespoons of brown sugar. This is what makes it sooooo yummy. To my spaghetti noodles, I add olive oil and fresh cracked ground pepper and kosher salt (after they have been cooked and drained). We add freshly-shredded Parmesan cheese on top.
Again, this is the quick way. I have another method using cans of tomato paste, diced tomatoes, etc to make the sauce myself. It's fabulous, too, but this quick way is pretty delish.
Monday - Cilantro Chicken with Zucchini Spanish Rice (Knorr)
My cilantro out back is totally out of control (see below pic) and I had to find a recipe that would use up a lot of it. This looks really good and easy! We'll see how it turns out.
{cilantro overstock}
Tuesday - Steak and Broccoli Stir Fry (Food Network)
Oh, how I love Food Network Magazine. The March issue featured an 11,375 stir fry mix-and-match section. I made a Sweet and Sour Chicken variation once before (scroll to bottom of this post). So, I'm excited to try a new combo. I'll take pictures of this step-by-step and post the recipe later (if it's good, and I'm sure it will be)!
{food network recipe}
Wednesday - Mixed Greens Salad with Chicken and whatever else looks good.
No recipe needed here. I just buy the Tyson pre-cooked chicken and throw together a yummy salad. I love cherub tomatoes, cheese, bacon, red onion, and toasted pecans. Our favorite salad dressing is Kraft's Sweet Honey Catalina. Keith will choose it over anything else. He even puts it on Caesar salads, that silly goose.
Thursday - By then, we'll be ready for dinner out!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Yummy! Your meals always look so good!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)