Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Savory Breakfast Pizza

YUM.

IMG_4533


This morning I made this delicious pizza. My hubs is now in major study mode for yet another test. Luckily, this test is not as bad as the most recent one. So, I decided to make him a yummy breakfast so he would have his much-needed brain food!

I found the recipe in a small Pillsbury Bake Off Winners booklet...you know, the ones you buy in the check-out line at the store. I am a sucker for those! Especially the ones like this where there's a photo of every recipe and they are printed as perforated recipe cards. Love that!

Anyway, the recipe for this Savory Breakfast Pizza comes from Adrienne Davis of Highland, MD. Thank you, Adrienne for this little delight.

IMG_4519

Savory Breakfast Pizza
click here for printer-friendly

1 (13.8 oz) can of refrigerated pizza crust
1/3 cup basil pesto
10-12 slices thick-sliced smoked-style bacon, crisply cooked
5-7 slices provolone cheese
1.5 cups diced seeded tomatoes (2 medium)
Salt & Pepper
6 eggs

I love that SHORT list! After all, breakfast should be easy.



IMG_4521
First, heat oven to 425.
Rinse off those gorgeous tomatoes and seed and dice them up.

IMG_4522
Perfect.


IMG_4524
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and spread the dough on it.
Shape into a rectangle and create a rim border with your fingers.


IMG_4525
Spread on the 1/3 cup basil pesto

IMG_4526
Top with the crispy bacon

IMG_4527
Layer on the provolone cheese


IMG_4528
Line the edges with the diced tomatoes, then create the lines to form 6 squares.

IMG_4529
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

IMG_4530
Gently crack open the eggs and place in the middle.

One of my yolks broke, but that was fine.


Bake at 425 for 10-13 minutes.
You want to make sure the eggs are not runny anymore. 
If in doubt, gently poke the yellow center with a fork.

IMG_4531
It's really pretty once it's all done!


Slice the squares and eat up!
IMG_4534
This tastes amazing.
It's hearty enough to be eaten any time of day.
Keith is not a big fan of breakfast foods (what a loser) and he actually LOVED this.


IMG_4535
Now we have 4 big slices left.

Anybody want some? :)

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Dorothy at Belle of the Kitchen said...

Yum! Those eggs on top look so pretty.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)