Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Steak and Broccoli Stir Fry

IMG_4554

One of the highlights on our menu this week was this Steak and Broccoli Stir Fry creation we made using Food Network Magazine's mix and match stir fry sheet from their March issue.

It looks like this:

IMG_4547
Click here to download a PDF of this chart! I can't find it anywhere online, so I scanned a copy for you guys.

We chose to do a combo of steak, broccoli, snow peas, peanuts, green onions and brown sauce, served over rice.

IMG_4556


Steak and Broccoli Stir Fry
click here for printer-friendly version

Here's what you need:

Protein: 3/4 pound flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced against the grain
Marinade: 1 egg white, 1 Tbsp sherry, 1 Tbsp cornstarch
Vegetables: 2.5 cups broccoli, 1/2 cup whole snow peas, bundle of green onions
Sauce: 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1 Tbsp cornstarch, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce, 1 Tbsp sherry (whisked together)
Other: Vegetable oil, 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 Tbsp minced ginger, pinch salt & sugar, peanuts

IMG_4559

Here's how you do it:

-Slice the steak up and make the marinade by mixing together above ingredients with a whisk. Toss with the steak and cover. Refrigerate 1 hour.
-Drain the excess marinade from the steak. Place everything you need near the stove.
-Start your rice or noodles to accompany.
-Heat 1/4 inch oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the steak and cook through. Transfer to a plate and drain on paper towels. Discard the oil in pan and wipe out.
-Heat pan over high heat 1-2 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp oil, the 2 cloves minced garlic, 2 Tbsp minced ginger (or 1.5 tsp dried ginger), 2 minced green onions and a pinch each of salt and sugar. Stir-fry about 30 seconds.
-Add the broccoli, and stir-fry a few more minutes, then add the snow peas.
-Add the steak and sauce and stir until thick. Garnish with peanuts and remainder of green onions before serving over rice.


IMG_4552


It was really good and the broccoli was especially delicious! Enjoy!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

I haven't had stir fry in forEVER! Maybe we'll have some this week for supper :)

susie said...

Kendall, I absolutely LOVE reading your blog- you are such a pro. Never stop posting your recipes, they are totally how I plan my menus! Glad to see all is well, girl. Delta Love to you!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)