Remember last Monday, when I posted my Menu for the week?
Well, I'm sure you have simply been on pins and needles waiting for me to tell you how it all turned out. Right? Right? No? Hmm..... :)
Anyway, here's the verdict on these 4 recipes:
Top Left: Barbecue Sirloin and Blue Cheese Salad
Verdict: It sucked. Ok, maybe not that bad, but it wasn't great. I didn't mind it, but it wasn't good enough to make again. It doesn't help that my husband hates blue cheese and I always manage to forget that fact (probably because I love it so much). After we were finished and the kitchen was clean, Keith said "please don't blog that recipe." Kiss of death, my friends! The print-out went straight in the trash, never to be considered again. It's alright, you win some, you lose some.
Top Right: Chicken Caprese
Verdict: LOVED IT! In fact, we made this twice last week! It was SO, SO easy and quite delicious. What's great about this is you can make as much or as little as you like and once you've made it the first time, you don't even need the recipe again. It's a good, quick go-to dish. I really like being able to just snip basil from my potted herbs out back, too. Made it really simple.
Here's a picture of how ours turned out, since you can't tell much from Rachel Ray's photos:
{oh caprese, how you remind me of italy}
Bottom Left: Cool, Creamy Chocolate Dessert
Verdict: Great! This dessert was light and yummy. Eating this after a meal did not make me feel 10x more miserable, which is nice. It was low in calories and very easy to make. In fact, Keith had the morning off on the day I was due to take this to the cookout, so he made it for me. OMG, he asked me not to tell. Oops. Anyway, it was delicious and I've added it as a favorite to my dessert file.
Oh, and thanks to the Trammells for having us over last Wednesday. We had fun!!
Bottom Right: Pasta with Asparagus, Bacon and Pine Nuts
Verdict: Very good!! We had this for dinner last night instead of last week. Sometimes our schedule changes at the last minute, so I just save recipes for later. The ingredients kept just fine so we were good to postpone. I substituted bacon for the pancetta, and it was yummy. This pasta is tossed in a lemon juice/olive oil mixture so there's not any real 'sauce' to weigh you down. It was light and refreshing (for pasta) and I'll definitely make it again. I will tell you that it doesn't make awesome leftovers. It really should be consumed the day you make it. Just sayin'.
I'll keep doing Menu Mondays when I have stuff to share. Sometimes our week is crazy and I don't make a menu, or cook really. And those weeks are never my favorites!







4 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Yummmm that chicken dish looks so good! I'm gonna have to try that.
I like the reviews!! I never thought of adding chicken to caprese, but what a good idea to pretty much make it a meal in itself. And the pasta looks really good, going to have to try that one!
I could definitely handle your chocolate dessert buddy. Looks yummy as always!
-Cara
I am so glad that I have found your blog. I will be trying the Chicken Caprese this week for my husband and kids. I am not the best cook therfor get recipes online and sometimes you win some and other times we have to order pizza. Either way it's fun.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)