Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Hawaiian Pizza

Did you have leftover Easter ham to deal with? (raises hand) Umm, we sure did! For special occasions, our family gets a HoneyBaked Ham. They are just fabulous, and it saves a lot of time and trouble to have one big item done by someone else. We love ham leftovers, too!

This week, I've been trying to eat healthy after my workouts, so I've had a small slice of the ham and then a few pieces of fruit for dinner, or just a small salad. But, last night, I decided to get creative and make something that Keith would like. I realized we had leftover crushed pineapple from the carrot cake recipe, and combined with the ham, I knew a Hawaiian pizza would be fab! So, using some creativity and no recipe (for once), this was our creation:

IMG_4150
-Pillsbury pizza crust (in a can)
-Hunt's tomato sauce (small can)
-Shredded mozzarella cheese
-Diced leftover HoneyBaked Ham
-Crushed pineapple
-Sliced red onion
-Red pepper flakes

IMG_4151
{that's half of our round pizza}

Following the directions on the can of dough, we baked the pizza crust (with no toppings) for about 10 minutes. Then we added the toppings, and there was no measuring here! We just used as much of each item as we wanted. It was fun!  We layered with tomato sauce, cheese, ham, pineapple, more cheese, and just a handful slices of red onion. It was baked for 6-8 more minutes until everything was melted. Then I shook a few red pepper flakes on top.

IMG_4152

And because I was still trying to be healthy, I had a small piece of pizza and a salad with yummy goodness on it. It was a great, easy dinner and we were quite proud of ourselves for just creating it!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)