Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Tomato Wildwood

Here's a recipe for a quick and easy side dish. I love tomatoes and asparagus, so this is a favorite of mine.
My Grandma Bobo gave me the recipe and I have no clue where she got it. I did some Googling and didn't find anything, so maybe this is a pretty unique recipe!? So, try it! It's yummy!

IMG_4116

Tomato Wildwood
Ingredients:
3 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
Cavendar's Greek Seasoning 
1 can (or 2 if you're feeling crazy) of asparagus *use the canned kind, you need it to be soft*
Parmesan cheese *shredding the real deal is better, ya'll*
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp butter

IMG_4095
{i like things that don't require much!}

IMG_4096
{first, layer the peeled, sliced tomatoes in a baking dish. in retrospect, i should have removed more of the seeds from these 'maters to keep the casserole from being too wet}

IMG_4097
{season the heck out of 'em with Cavender's}

IMG_4098
{layer the drained asparagus. this was when i decided adding another can would be better}

IMG_4099
{shred parmesan cheese over the dish}

IMG_4100
{just as much as you like!}

IMG_4101
{melt the butter in the microwave and combine with the breadcrumbs, then cover the dish with 'em}

{bake for just 10 minutes at 400}


IMG_4116

The end result is very good and simple. It's especially good when you use homegrown tomatoes! Now, if only I could get my hands on some of those.....

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Elizabeth Cheek said...

I may try tonight. That looks fab!

Sara said...

I recently came across your blog, and I love it! Thanks for sharing such great recipes. I'll be making this one very soon!

Kendall Jones said...

GET OUT! I love it!! I'm gonna have to check this place out. I'm sure the recipe's roots can be traced back to the restaurant! Hah, and I totally love that you're a stalker!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)