This quiche was for Christmas morning, and it was a hit!
Here's the recipe that I promised you guys like eons ago. FAB!
It's from MyRecipes.com from a Southern Living magazine, 2000. We altered it a bit, so here's exactly what we did:
Spinach Bacon Quiche
click here for printer-friendly version
Ingredients
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (1.8-ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 or 2 unbaked (9-inch) refrigerated pie crusts
Preparation
Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
Press one pie crust into the bottom of a pie dish. Use the second to make a pretty border, if you like! If you want to make leaves or trees or something to go on top, bake those separately on a baking sheet and add to the quiche once finished.
Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients. Stir in spinach, bacon, pepper and cheeses. Pour mixture into refrigerated pie crust; place in the oven.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes.







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I will have to try this today.. looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)