She cooks, she home schools her 4 kids, she and her husband farm, she writes (really, really well, and funny), and she takes beautiful, gorgeous pictures along the way. Her pictures make me drool. Some weekend when you have time, read her story Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. You'll be sucked in reaaaaal fast. I suggest reading it all at once on a lazy Sunday afternoon!
Best part of PW are her recipes. They all sound delectible and the photographs (step-by-step) inspire you to make something righthissecond. In case you don't already know, and haven't gotten yourself a copy, she has published her own cookbook and it's a New York Times Bestseller! Hot Dog! She's the real deal, y'all!
In fact, she did a cookbook signing tour last fall and one of her stops was Little Rock (but no Memphis). It was a weeknight and I couldn't make it, so I gave my parents a sob story in hopes that they would go on my behalf.
My dad went.
What an awesome father! He said he didn't see very many other men there. What a trooper! He spent enough time in line to read her cookbook and sorta fall in love with her, too.
So, Pioneer Woman signed my book:
She's obviously a really kind person....hah!
And her husband, the Marlboro Man, signed it too:
Swoon.
Anyway, back to the point of this post. I've made a few of her recipes, and intend to make MANY, many more. I don't take photos when I cook her recipes, because what would be the point? Her pics are SO outstanding! Just go look at hers....
Here are some of my P-dub favorites (accompanied by some of her photos):
French Onion Soup - OMG, to die for. Took a while, but SO worth the effort. As she says, it is obscenely delicious
I went nuts over it. Unfortunately, Keith is not fan of French onion soup. Never has been. Too bad for him, I love this stuff!
Ginger Steak Salad - Made it this week. It was out of this world! Keith and I love to occasionally cook with an Asian flair. This salad was really easy and quick. It made just the perfect amount for 2 people. My kind of recipe!
Cauliflower Soup - I made this one very cold night this week, too. P-dubbery said it was like the best ever, so I think that set my expectations too high. Don't get me wrong, it was tasty. I love cauliflower and the soup had a very fresh taste. I will make it again, but not before I try many of her other soup recipes!!
Head on over there and start cookin'!







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
I've spent the past week cooking out of PW's cookbook for my son before he headed back to school today. Spicy Pulled Pork and Perfect Pot Roast were his personal favorites until he was served her Cinnamon Rolls this morning. Oh. My. Goodness. They're all she says...and more. Perfection in a cinnamon roll. Happy Cooking!
I want to get her cookbook, she makes such yummy stuff...and I def. want to make her infamous cinnamon rolls! :)
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)