Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

R & R in LR

After a crazy week at work, I decided I wanted to get the heck out of dodge and go back home to Little Rock for the weekend. Keith was studying here anyway, so I wasn't going to miss anything!

I was really missing my fab five friends, and there were family members I needed and wanted to see.

You see, my favorite little baby had been in the hospital this week. My cousin Ashley's daughter, Elizabeth came down with a fever a week ago and then stopped moving her legs. Very scary. They quickly took her to Arkansas Children's Hospital, and after a series of tests and lots of uncertainty, they discovered that a strep infection had settled in her knee and toe. It is such a strange thing! Long story short, Elizabeth had a few procedures, which is really tough on a little one, and the family. Luckily, she's back home recovering. She will have to be given antibiotics every 8 hours through a PICC line (complicated process) for a few weeks. The good news is that she is doing wonderful now, and should make a total recovery! Mom and I went to the Wright's house and spent some quality time with little E. Here are the pics!

IMG_2658
We spent a lot of time playing at her toy kitchen. She LOVES wearing her chef hat!
See her arm that's wrapped up? That's where her PICC line is for the meds.

IMG_2657
She's such a happy little trooper!


IMG_2655
I'm sure Mom is teaching her how to cook something...

IMG_2659
Toy kitchens now are so much cooler than mine was. This had lots of bells and whistles!

IMG_2671
Yes, Elizabeth, cooking is hard work!!

IMG_2674
Umm, look at these plastic kitchen toys. Pretty sure it looks like the real Calphalon stuff I use! Man, toys these days!

IMG_2681
You've got to make a mess in the kitchen in order to have any fun!!

IMG_2679
THOSE EYES!


IMG_2684
I love little E. She's such a sweet doll. I'm so thankful that she's doing so well!!



Saturday, Mom and I also joined Jessica for manicures and pedicures at a really cool new nail place in downtown Little Rock, called Jasmine. If you live in Central Arkansas, check this place out!! Sorry I didn't get any pics. It's got a really cool atmosphere and they serve wine. Yes, please!


Saturday night was girls night. I had emailed my friends: Whitney, Jessica, Lauren and Joanna, and told them that I HAD to have some good quality time together just catching up. Not at a bar, either! So, we went to dinner at Cantina Loredo, enjoyed a few margaritas, and then went back to Whitney's for good conversation.


We all talked about the things nearest and dearest to our hearts, our family, our jobs, our love lives, our joys, our stresses, and laughed over some great memories we've made together. It was PURE therapy. We enjoyed talking so much that I didn't leave to go home until 2 AM! And we weren't even drinking anything....It was so worth the late night. I wouldn't trade it to have that time together. It filled my cup back up!!

{I didn't take any pics, so here are some old ones of us}

FabFive2
At Whitney's cabin

Fab5
Joanna's birthday in 08

KenWhitJoLauren
In college

FabFive3
Football game in 08

JoannaKendallWhitney
Lauren's wedding shower

JessicaWhitneyJoanna
The most beautiful bridesmaids ever. Mine!


Thank you for being my best friends! I miss you girls all the time. I'm already looking forward to our next get together. LOVE YOU!!



Lastly, my parents and I joined my grandparents for lunch today. It's becoming a tradition to meet for lunch on Sunday when I come into town. I told my Grandma that I was becoming a bona fide cooking expert and it was about time that I give her some recipes, since she's given me so many! It's always so good to catch up with people you adore :)


I had planned to visit Lauren Setzler at UAMS today, but because I had been around strep with Elizabeth,  I knew it would not be smart to be around Lauren and risk her getting an infection while her counts are so low. We all got great news on Friday when we heard that Lauren has gone into REMISSION!!! I can't believe it, I'm so amazed and thankful for her improvement!! It's excellent news. Please keep praying for her to stay leukemia-free. She'll continue to have treatments and be monitored, so keep her in your thoughts, and hopefully she'll go home in the next week. God is great!


I hope that your weekend was relaxing, too. I feel like I've got a whole new lease on life after my R & R. Hopefully things will be calmer at work this week!


3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Claire said...

The pictures of Elizabeth are so cute... women and their kitchens!!! I think I'm not good in the kitchen because I didn't start early with a kitchen set like Elizabeth! Haha!

Unknown said...

I had so much fun spending time with you too this weekend! Thanks for coming in town for the weekend. Hope you have a great week! Love you :)

Whit

LQ said...

Love the post. It was great to get to spend time with you and the group and was much needed! I think we need to schedule this for at least once a month. Love you and Miss you already!

lauren

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)