I do apologize for not taking pictures step-by-step! Sometimes when I try something new, I don't always snap pics. It would be a wasted effort if we didn't love the recipe. So, I often make recipes the first time without pausing for glamour shots. Plus, this one is SO quick and easy to make!
When we made this one weeknight, we didn't want to make as large of a quantity, so we bought 4 pork chops but made the same amount of sauce the recipe calls for. We halved the grits recipe, which was a perfect amount for 4 (Keith's 'rents joined us). I served it alongside some grilled asparagus, since we had the grill fired up anyway.
This is truly delicious. Even if you are a picky eater and some of the ingredients in the title turn you off, I promise you'd love it! The sauce would even be good on other things like chicken, veggies....
Here's the recipe!
Ingredients for Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (we used a mixture of honey barbeque and jack daniels bbq sauces)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced (I used 3)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can
- 4 (1 1/4-inch-thick) bone-in pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Preparation
Whisk together first 4 ingredients, and set aside.Sprinkle pork chops evenly with salt and pepper.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°, turning once. Baste with half of barbecue sauce mixture the last 5 minutes of cooking or when meat thermometer registers 145°.
{While Keith grilled the pork chops and asparagus, I made the grits. It was super easy}
Ingredients for Smoked Gouda Grits
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese (I bought a 7 oz wheel and grated half)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preparation
Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and butter, stirring until melted.To Serve
Spoon Smoked Gouda Grits evenly onto 6 serving plates; top each with a pork chop, and drizzle evenly with remaining barbecue sauce mixture.Photos from other times I've made it:







2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Kendall, I stumbled upon your blog from another blog. I tried the chipotle pork chops you posted, and YUM!!!!! I don't like to cook, but these were easy and yummy!
Thanks, Lauri
Made this tonight and it is quite possibly my favorite new recipe that I've tried from your blog. We didn't want to go to the trouble to fire up the grill (we only have charcoal) so I just cooked the chops on the stove and it was still so yummy!!! We will definitely have again...and again!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)