Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Sick Snow Day

So, I cursed myself last week. I should have knocked on wood! I said the words: "Luckily, I don't get sick very often."

That was stupid.

I've been sick all week with some kind-of sore throat, hack cough, feelin' tired thing. Now my ears are starting to feel really weird. I started to worry that I had caught Strep from being around Elizabeth last weekend. So, I went to the handy-dandy Walgreens Take Care Clinic yesterday morning. If I had something sorta serious then I didn't need to keep going to work infecting everyone, and get me some meds.

I sat at the clinic for an hour and half and was never seen. I finally gave up, and went into work. I think I grossed enough people out with my hacking-up-a-lung sounds that I went home at lunchtime and worked from my laptop.

Still don't know what I have.

And now it's Friday and the icy snow apocalypse is looming on the horizon. Schools are cancelled. We were all told to work from home today. Sleet is starting to fall. Yay! 

Except I feel yucky. And have a lot of stuff at work to worry about.

Why aren't sick days and snow days like they were when we were kids!? Sometimes being a grown up isn't as much fun!! :)



My plan is to get a few things done for work, have Keith make me breakfast (still workin' on that), and get to feeling better so I can enjoy any snow we get! 

Be safe everyone!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)