Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Hey Mambo

Happy Friday!! Wheeew, this is long overdue. My week has been NUHHH-TEEEE: working late, Keith traveling every day, random dinners in front of our DVR'd shows, dishes piled in the sink, personal to-do lists totally forgotten, blog posts never made,  one completely sleepless night and some rainy days. Needless to say, this is one weekend I am READY for....

And this bottle of wine is one I was ready for tonight..

wine fridays

Welcome to Wine Friday! It's been fuh-evv-uhh since I've posted anything of the sort in a while! Have you been able to continue making wine selections without me? :) What have you found? Do tell.

Here's a little charmer I enjoyed tonight. Although just about any variety would have sufficed, I liked the sass of this one. It fit my mood. I zoned out for a minute and read the back of the label on the bottle and then agreed that this was perfect for the night. SASSY, SULTRY, BLENDED.

hm-sr-nv

Hey Mambo, Bistro Style Wine, Sultry Red
Year: 2010
Origin: California
Average Price: $8-10
About the wine: Feisty and creative, 'The Other Guys' wine company has dished out a few wines that I've really loved - and, this is one of them. This is a blend of a number of big red varietals from the places that they grow best: Syrah, Petite Syrah, Grenache, Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot. Their website says: this blend would pair wonderfully with a rack of slowly braised ribs dripping in molasses based BBQ sauce. Sausage lasagna would also be a good pairing. You could also serve this wine with a dessert course of dark chocolate (the 60-70% Cacao stuff). This is a very versatile wine.
I would agree, 'TOG'. This is a new favorite!! I also love your creative cork :)
Happy Friday!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)