Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Peach Mojitos

I just realized that I've never posted a Beverage recipe on the blog! Where have I been? I guess posting too much about wine instead :) Time to add a new category to the recipe index!

Here's a DEEEElicious recipe for Peach Mojitos courtesy of Southern Living. I love mojitos, but don't want to spend all my time at a party mixing up individual ones. This is the perfect pitcher-friendly blend, great for entertaining. I made a batch this weekend and took it the nail salon with my girlfriends. Such fun!!

photo2
{p'scuze the iPhone pic}


Peach Mojitos

Ingredients:
About 1 lb. peaches, unpeeled and chopped (I used the clingstone, non-fuzzy kind)
1/2 cup superfine sugar (I only had regular granulated and it was fine)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
4 cups club soda, chilled
2 cups white rum
Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, peach wedges

Process first 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. (Yield should be about 2 cups.) You can make this part up to 24 hours ahead of time and store covered in the fridge.

Muddle mint leaves against bottom and sides of a glass pitcher with the back of a wooden spoon to release flavors. (Leaves will be bruised and torn.) Add club soda, rum, and peach mixture; stir to combine. Serve immediately over ice. Garnish with more mint and peach slices.


This is seriously SO delicious! I would not recommend assembling the rest of the punch until you're ready to server as the club soda will go flat. You should get about 8 drinks out of this. ENJOY!!

PS - I'm linking this up to Tasty Tuesdays at 33 Shades of Green - Click on over to check out some other tasty recipes!

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

I have got to make this sometime soon! My mom and sister would LOVE it! Thanks for sharing :)

Shari said...

Sounds great! :)

Andrea said...

These sound so refreshing with the heat of the summer! Thanks for sharing! Found you through Tasty Tuesdays & am your newest follower.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)