Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Cabernet Sauvignon


Happy Friday! I hope you've had a wonderful week! I'm off work today, which makes me a happy girl. At my office, we have a new summer hours program so that every other week you can be off on Friday if you put in 40 hours Monday-Thursday and if you are able to break away from your to-do list. I don't have any problem getting 40 hours in 4 days, in fact it's usually more, so this is a nice way to be rewarded for that!

I'm also excited today because my blogger friend, Sheri, has featured me today on her blog!! She has a new Foodie Friday series of posts and she interviewed me to be her first one - I can't believe it :) How flattering! Please click here to check out her post, and explore her great blog, too!
 

Before I get into Wine Friday...and because I have been so behind on posting, I thought I'd share a few of my instagram images from the last week so you can see what I've been up to!

painting
Last weekend, I added a new painting to the kitchen. This is by a local artist and I think it's perfectly funky and colorful for us! Her name is Susan Hood and her art is sold in various shops around the Memphis area.

brainstorm
I exercised my creativity on Monday at an all-day meeting/brainstorming session. The tables were filled with toys, candy and random art supplies. I made excellent use of the pipe cleaners!

caprese
We've been having caprese-something almost every night this week. Tomatoes are at their peak right now and my herb garden is full of basil. Keith is also addicted to this flavor combo, so we just don't get sick of it!

524-114715
This is a product that I recently found at my grocery store and I LOVE it! I have bought 3 bottles since I discovered it. In case my store decides to pull it off the shelves, I don't want to run out!


Alright, now it's time for some VINO!

wine fridays

This week, I'm featuring a wine that I tried about a month ago. As you can see from my photo below, it had been a long, long day. I like to write dates and notes on my corks - it makes my bowls full of them a little bit more fun. Anyway, this is a yummy Cabernet and I've since bought a few more bottles to keep in my stash.

photo

Columbia Crest Horse Heaven Hills Cabernet Sauvignon
Year: 2009
Origin: Washington State
Average Price: $10-11
About the wine: This wine received 90 points from Wine Spectator, and I would agree with that ranking. They also classified it as one of the 100 Outstanding Values for 2011. For a reasonable price, this is an excellent cab. Costco sells for $8, so stock up!

And, please say a pray for the families of those killed in Colorado at the movie theater shooting. I can't even comprehend why these terrible things happen, or what it must have been like to be there.

Have a nice weekend!

6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Shari said...

Thanks for the shoutout! I need to search for that balsamic glaze. That sounds awesome. :) Have a great weekend!

emilybuckingham said...

Columbia Crest is one of my favorite Rieslings! You'll have to try it when your in the mood for a sweeter wine :) Thanks for the recommendation! Enjoy your day off!

Anonymous said...

I love your new picture. Can you tell me who the local artist is and if he has a website?

Colleen Sullivan said...

That Bertolli salad dressing looks awesome! Make the presentation that much easier :)

Kelly said...

I love the picture too! Where did you find it? I live in Memphis and would love to get something similar!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

Mmm, I love a good cab. Your caprese pictures look SO good. I ever get sick of caprese either.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)