Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 4/30

It's only been a million years since I've done a Menu Monday post! I've been cooking, just not as much as I used to. Our schedule has been pretty busy, too! I was determined to make the majority of our meals at home this week, so I went back to my normal routine of planning my menu and doing a big grocery store trip. The lady checking me out at Kroger yesterday joked that I must have some big plans with all the ingredients I was stocking up on!

grabbuttonmc2

So, without further adieu, here is what's cooking at the Jones home:

mosaicb31e153197241c5177844c5d8e020e1853fe3c5f

From Top Left:

Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables - We made this for dinner last night and it was so tasty. I was inspired by this recipe I found last night via Whole Foods. I was craving something different with grilled veggies and this fit the bill. I'll be posting my version of the dish this week! We also marinated a few chicken breasts in Sun-Dried Tomato dressing and grilled to have with it.

Balsamic-Strawberry Pizza with Chicken, Sweet Onion and Applewood Smoked Bacon - Oh, that title just makes me swoon. I pinned this recipe from Pennies on a Platter a while back and can't wait to give it a try tonight. We grilled extra chicken last night to make the prep time faster tonight. If it's as good as it looks, I'll share our results!

Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia - After a recent indexing of all of my recipes, I realized I am seriously lacking in the tilapia recipe department. So, I'm on a quest to try a lot of variations and share my favorites. This Cooking Light recipe sounds great and I'll be serving it with steamed broccolli and brown rice. We'll see how it turns out!

Peanut Shrimp Salad with Basil-Lime Dressing - A week of cooking wouldn't be complete without at least one main dish salad. We are salad-for-dinner junkies. This one sounds delightfully different, and it will give me a chance to use some of the fresh herbs I have growing right now. This recipe comes from Southern Living and I found it from doing a quick search on MyRecipes.com for top-rated shrimp salad dishes.

And being that Cinco de Mayo is this weekend, here are a few recipes I would love to make on Saturday:

Grapefruit and Avocado Guacamole - This sounds DE-lish. I found this on Pinterest recently and it has my name all over it. I'm a little obsessed with grapefruit. Thanks, Curvy Carrot for the inspiration!

Guava Jalapeno Margarita - Cinco de Mayo calls for margaritas, and I'd love to make something a little different. A jalapeno margarita sounds sooooo good to me, so after a quick Google search, I've discovered this recipe from Mirch Masala. I'm going to give it a shot! I can't wait.


Whew- what a list! This is sure to keep our kitchen full of dirty dishes. These are all NEW recipes, so I think we'll be busy! 

Happy Monday :)

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Shari said...

Yum! Can't wait to hear how everything turns out!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)