Have you noticed that I'm often a bridesmaid? I LOVE it! It's so wonderful to have great friends and family and to be a part of so many wonderful wedding days. I'm behind on blogging, but a couple of weeks ago I headed to Hot Springs, Arkansas for a bachelorette party for my gorgeous cousin, Brooke. In fact, to my friends and coworkers I refer to her as 'my cousin, you know, the-one-that-looks-like-a-supermodel!'
We had a fabulous girls weekend in the Spa City. We started the day with a bridesmaids brunch at the famous, old Arlington Hotel. Brooke was so smart to have her bridesmaids brunch this weekend when everyone was already together!
The lovely room for brunch at the Arlington
If you're not familiar with Hot Springs, Arkansas, it's famous for it's natural hot springs. It was the first National Park in the United States! There are many bath houses and spas downtown that take advantage of the hot, thermal water. We had a neat waterfall right in our room for brunch!
Brunch was delicious, and I had one of the best egg benedicts I've ever had.
Afterwards, we headed to Oaklawn Park for some horse racing! We had a blast reading our tip sheets, checking out the horses and placing our bets. I spent about $20 total, and didn't win any big money, but had a great time!
Enjoying the view from the box - Megan, Brittany, Kirby, Brooke and one of the groom's hilariously funny aunts!
Bridesmaids with the bride! Megan, me, Brittany, Kirby, Brooke and Erin
After a lingerie shower at the condo, we headed to a very tasty dinner at the Italian Villa with lovely views of Lake Hamilton. I had the lobster ravioli and it was so good I'm still thinking about it!
Group pic outside
Sunday morning, we enjoyed a yummy breakfast at the Pancake House. Here's Meagan, Brittany and Kirby.
Erin, Brooke and I.
I can hear my mother saying, you need some blush and lipstick, dear!
After breakfast, we had the BEST massages at this little place. It was quirky, but seriously one of the best massages I've ever had, followed up by the most delicious homemade chai tea.



















5 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Gotta know where the orange lace dress is from, so cute!
This is kind of random, but I just googled "bachelorette party" and "Hot springs." i'm in charge of one for labor day weekend, and I know NOTHING about the area. She's a recreational bride, so we're doing a lake day one day, but I'm desperate for any tips, ideas, restaurants, places NOT to go, bars for after dinner? Thoughts? I would GREATLY appreciate!
Pickled Paper- Thanks for the comment! Your profile is private and I don't see an email address, so I don't have a way to respond to you. If you'll comment with a way for me to reach you, I'd love to give you some tips on Hot Springs! Thanks!
Hi Kendall, where did your group stay? Planning my sis's bachelorette party in November!
Hi there - my family has a condo in Hot Springs on the lake, so we didn't have to stay in a hotel, but The Arlington downtown is a great spot for history and, and the Embassy Suites would be perfect if your looking for extra space and an upscale hotel.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)