What a weekend! Easter was all about family, fellowship and food for us. We had a wonderful time and feel so blessed!
Here are the highlights:
Mom and I did A LOT of cooking. We had such a great time in the kitchen together! I have about 4 new recipes to share as a result.
We took the time to snap a few updated pics before the guests arrive.
I love my sweet hubby! I remember this time last year was pretty stressful for us. I was working all the time and didn't feel like I had any balance in my life. I remember crying to the music at church and feeling like I hadn't been a good wife, friend, or daughter. I was just totally worn out. A year later, I am so happy to say that things are tremendously better. Work is still very busy and intense at times, but things feel more balanced. I'm thankful for the additions to my team at work that make my life easier, and for my refreshed perspective - I'm working on not letting it get to me quite so much. I'm thankful to have a supportive, loving husband to keep me grounded through all of the ups and downs. Praise the Lord for that! :)
Hugs from my sweet dad! He's pretty fantastic, too.
PS- Happy Birthday DAD!! Have a wonderful Tuesday!
My 'rents are just too cute. Their patio is so pretty and they've worked so hard on all of the plants and little details. It's a great place to relax!
I took my heels of for a pic with my #1 shorty.
We made a flower arrangement inspired by Pinterest!
Instead of making a large carrot cake, I used my recipe and made cupcakes instead! They were absolutely delicious and in a much better, smaller portion size. The decorative liners and toppers came from Williams-Sonoma. Too cute!
Things got busy after all the guests arrive, but we managed to get one of my favorite princess, Adyson, playing with my hair. She LOVES to brush and braid my long, dark hair. It's so different from hers and it just fascinates her. She's pretty good at it!
When she spotted my shoes she immediately put them on and pranced around. That little 4 year old knows how to walk in heels better than I did at age 16! She's gonna be a heart breaker!
And, after that, the camera was set-down while my hands were busy hugging family members, hiding Easter eggs, sipping a bloody mary, eating delicious food, and then napping. What a glorious day! I hope you feel as blessed as I do this Easter!

















3 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Ok LOVE the "princess" in your shoes! :-)
I love the picture of Adyson in your shoes!! Too cute! :)
Yum! Adore your blog!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)