Mums are one of my most favorite elements of fall. I LOVE seeing nurseries full of the bright yellow, orange, red, purple and white flowers lined up in beautiful rows.
My mother is a big mum fan, too, so I grew up seeing mum buds each fall on our front steps and in flower beds. So, I too follow suit each year by decking out our front porch. I've gone to the same great nursery (Moore's) in West Memphis each time and they never disappoint.
I would go overboard and pack the porch, flower beds and line the driveway if I could afford it!
Sometimes I think the purple is my favorite color...
...but, no, it's definitely red. That's my default color of choice anyway!
And then there's that cheery yellow....Ok, I love them all the same!
Of course, I had to add some pumpkins, and this year I even bought some cabbage.
It's so beautiful, too. If you've seen the cover of Southern Living's October issue, you'll see how amazing cabbage can be in a fall scene!
I really liked the stem on this pumpkin.
I couldn't resist the gourds and mini pumpkins, either. They were maybe 50-75 cents a piece and they are cute as a button!
Until Thanksgiving has passed, these beauties will greet us each day when we come home, and I'll enjoy ever second of their autumn glory!
Who knows, we may even do something fun and crafty with the pumpkins we bought....


















2 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Your porch looks beautiful. Love all of the Fall colors.
I love mums too :) Your front porch looks so pretty!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)