Happy Monday!
It's been a while since I've posted a recipe or Menu Monday, but it's not for a lack of cooking lately! The kitchen has been busy at our house, but I've been repeating a lot of our old favorites, which I am bad about never doing. I've also tried several new things that just aren't blog worthy recipes, or I didn't get a decent photo.
For example, I made a butternut squash risotto with applewood smoked bacon from Cooking Light last Sunday. It was SO bland. I kept adding things to it like nutmeg and parmesan, but I was really disappointed. And, I think last night's dinner was one of the worst meals I've ever made. Keith didn't mind it, but I was not happy. It was a maple soy glazed flank steak that was terribly bland with bok choy that I just couldn't eat at all. I hate having off nights like that! But, when you try a lot of new things, some are bound to be misses....
But, let's hope this week's menu is full of hits!
From top left:
Summer Squash and Corn Chowder - This Cooking Light recipe sounds pretty delicious and the reviews it has received so far are a good sign!
Update: YUM! Here is my post with the recipe.
Update: YUM! Here is my post with the recipe.
Pecan Crusted Pork with Orange Maple Glaze - A recipe from Better Homes & Gardens that I'm pumped to try! It sounds absolutely delicious. It's a combo of flavors I love, so it should be great. As suggested, I'm pairing it with steamed green beans.
Result: OMG DELICIOUS! Click here to get my post with the recipe.
Result: OMG DELICIOUS! Click here to get my post with the recipe.
Walnut and Rosemary Oven Fried Chicken - I've made this once before and it was easy and wonderful. I wrote on my recipe that it was company-worthy. I'll be making it again this week. I need to snap a good pic and post on the blog!
Roasted Butternut Squash - I have an extra squash to use and this should make an easy side to the chicken. Here is a link the Southern Living recipe.
Update: I never got around to making this....busy week!
Update: I never got around to making this....busy week!
I hope you guys have a wonderful start to your week! I promise to post about the best dishes we make!








1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Sounds like a yummy meny. Can't wait to see the walnut & rosemary chicken recipe. Sounds great.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)