Hey, friends! I was absent this past week due to a business trip. When I'm out of town for work, I'm not very good about the blog (or anything else personal for that matter). I am busy, busy, busy all of the hours of the day when away from home and office. But, I'm back to normal now and have updates to share!
This past weekend, we went straight to Little Rock after my flight touched down in Memphis. We went to an engagement party, a "hogapalooza" party at a bar, breakfast with friends, the Razorback game, and celebrated birthdays with family. We like to pack it in! Here are the pics:
LOVE THESE GIRLS! Whitney, Joanna, MC and me
Hogapalooza party host, Kyle Shadid and Keith in matching shirts.
Hugs and love from my Whit. I miss seeing my girl!
Having some fun with the party accessories! Those glasses were impossible to see out of.
MC and Jared get funky.
Miss Mary Catherine is just too far away in Knoxville! So glad to see her this past weekend :)
Oh, by this point in the night I had been wearing my outfit since 6 am, on a plane, in airports, in cars, at parties and just couldn't handle it any more. We went home like early birds!
After much-needed sleep and a nap before tailgating, I was ready to go again! Keith and I decked out in red and white to support the Hogs.
Keith was also a good sport and carried around these Razorback cookies. Mom sent these to the tailgate with us in honor of my birthday on Monday the 12th. The treats were a hit!!
Another picture with my long lost love! Gotta love our blonde/brunette contrast. You are so pretty, MC!
Next, we headed over to our favorite tailgate with Ashley and Jaycob. I am a bridesmaid in Ashley's wedding next summer and I just cannot wait! We are having so much fun talking about wedding stuff!
Couples pic! Love them!!
I really got into the spirit when the band marched right past the tailgate to head into the stadium!
An aerial view of the stadium on Saturday shows how awesome Arkansas fans are! In the week leading up to the game, the newspapers and TV news shows encouraged fans to wear either red or white (depending on their section) and the students would wear blue, in honor of 9/11. I was skeptical that this would actually work, but it was so great to see that it did!!
C-130 planes flew over the stadium at the conclusion of the star-spangled banner. It was very moving!
Kick-off time!!
The weather was perfect and the clouds were so pretty.
We love an Arkansas victory! 52-3 over New Mexico State.
Today, we celebrated my birthday one day early with my parents. My mom could not WAIT to give me their gifts!
Dad just loves any excuse to take a picture :)
Mom found this awesome Anthropologie 'Bake by Numbers' pie/tart dish! You would have to be in the art/design business to appreciate this, but I just LOVE it!! It is one of the most unique serving pieces I have seen and will definitely be a conversation starter.
My next gift was pretty fabulous too - Sephora make-up brushes and lip gloss! I'm really excited about these!
My grandparents came over for lunch, because we also had something else to celebrate...
Once we got home, Keith just couldn't wait for me to open my presents from him. He is not good at keeping secrets and is always so anxious to give gifts - it's cute!
He hooked me up with new Nike work-out shoes, and some very cute work-out clothes to match. He has great taste and got me exactly what I wanted!!
All in all, it was a pretty great weekend. We were lucky to see so many of our friends in one place and catch up. We are even more blessed by the love of our families, and being around them today celebrating birthdays was extra special. We are also remembering 9/11 today. It's hard to believe it has been 10 years. I still find myself speechless when I think about the events of that day.
One more thing that makes 9/11 special is that I went on my first date with Keith 8 years ago today. Click here for the story. That was the best decision I ever made, by far!
I hope everyone had a good weekend, too, and that wherever you are the weather is starting to feel like Fall! :)































0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)