Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Birthday Recap

For memories sake, here's a quick recap of my birthday on Monday. It was a pretty good day, very busy at work, but it was made extra special by my friends and family.

photo

First, my dad sent me flowers. He is such a sweet dad! He loves to send flowers to his girls.

I also went to lunch at Majestic with 9 of my favorite ladies from work - it was so fun!

photo_2

After work, things were even better! Keith had to study on Monday, so my friend Jessica kept me entertained. We went to the Nail Bar for mani pedis and she had sparkling rose wine, strawberry cake and other birthday goodies to surprise me. It was so much fun!

photo

This is Jessica's face when the glass is empty and the movie is over. We quickly fixed that :)

Afterwards, we enjoyed sushi at Sekisui. Good times!

photo_3

When I got home from my night away, this is what I found on the kitchen table! These are all goodies from his family and a cookie cake he picked up for me. Fun surprise!

IMG_2234

It was a wonderful birthday. To all of the lovely folks I heard from, thank you for the b-day wishes!

(Now you know how old I am - cat is out of the bag! I'm young for my year in school, so I feel like I should be more like 28 or 29 mentally. Oh well, age is just a number!)

6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

What a wonderful birthday! Pedicures with friends is my favorite thing to do!

Jamie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!

Melissa said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like it was amazing!

alexis @ bloomed in june said...

that was really sweet of your dad :) happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday girl!! :) Looks like a great birthday!! Hope you enjoyed it so much!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a perfect day! Happy b-lated birthday!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)