Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Rose

Happy Friday!!!!!!!

wine fridays

Sorry for my absence the past few days. Things at work ebb and flow and I can never predict when things will get crazy busy. Needless to say, it's crazy busy :) I'm really glad it's Friday and that I have no plans for the weekend. We will definitely be cheering on the Arkansas Razorbacks vs Alabama on Saturday! Go hogs! In the meantime though, I'm excited to share this yummy rosé wine with you:

domaine_houchart_09_rose2

Domaine Houchart Cotres De Provence Rosé
Year: 2010
Origin: France
Average Price: $10
Wine Notes:  Sourced from 5 different grape varieties, it’s salmon pink in color and loaded with dark red fruits. Lively, fresh and dry, this one has good structure, concentration and intensity enough to satisfy you red wine drinkers out there. Serve between 50-55 degrees with any grilled meats, ham, salmon, pizza or Asian dishes.


I really enjoyed this wine! I think I've resisted buying rosé for a while. The color reminded me very much of a Beringer White Zinfandel from my college years and I just couldn't bring myself to drink it (there was one sorority Christmas formal when I indulged in too much. Let's just say - There. Are. Stories). But, I was pleasantly surprised with this wine. We grilled steaks the night I cracked this bottle open and the crispy, fruity flavor was great for a warm late-summer day.

Happy Weekend!

1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

The label is so pretty! Have a nice weekend!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)