Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Easter Weekend Fun

Oh, what a good weekend it was. We spent the 3-day break in North Little Rock and caught up with lots of family and friends. We were busy, and I've got pictures of just about everything!

First up - we went to a big group dinner with friends for Payton's birthday on Friday night:

IMG_0827

Katie, Matt, Payton and Whitney

IMG_0833

At one point, we counted 40 people there in our group! It was a blast catching up with everybody!

IMG_0834

Hugs from my Whit

IMG_0835

Hugs from my hubs :)

IMG_0836

My sister from another mister, Lauren

Then, on Saturday we had dinner with some family and then headed to a fun surprise engagement party!!

IMG_0841

Mom and I snap a pic before heading out

IMG_0844
With my daddy-o

Ok, here are the pics of the engagement party! My dear friend, Jessica, was proposed to earlier in the evening. Little did she know, her fiance and sisters had planned for friends and family to be gathered at a restaurant to celebrate afterwards! It was soooo exciting:

IMG_0848

Jess and Brandon walking in!

IMG_0851

CAC high school girl friends - so happy for our Jessica

IMG_0852

All the girls there gathered around for a group pic

IMG_0857

The happy couple! Jessica was SO giddy; it was precious!

IMG_0854

My fab five. Wouldn't know what to do without these girls!

IMG_0853

Allison and I snap a pic - I miss you girl!

Fun times! Ok, now we have Easter Sunday festivities to discuss. After a wonderful church service, my mom and dad hosted lunch and it was just lovely.
IMG_0867

One of her tables

IMG_0869

The dining room- so cute!

IMG_0863

Chocolate-covered oreo cookies that I made. These are not something you just whip up - takes time and patience - but, they are too cute!

IMG_0881

Keith and I in our spring colors!

IMG_0888

We had my mom's side of the family over, and the Wantucks. So, we had 3 precious little girls running around. It made Easter so fun! Here are Adyson and Elizabeth checking out the fountain.

IMG_0900

We also had a major egg hunt in the back yard for the youngsters

IMG_0897

Remember those days of egg hunts and Easter baskets? Ahh, to be a kid again!

IMG_0908

Adyson thinks this basket makes a nice hat. I agree!

IMG_0914

Elizabeth quickly became a pro at hunting down the plastic eggs in the yard.



We had a wonderful weekend and are so thankful for the sweet friends and family we have in our lives. I hope that each of you also enjoyed your Easter Sunday, and more importantly, took the time to reflect on its true meaning! Happy Easter!

Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with him again
Come awake, come awake!
Come and rise up from the grave
-Christ is Risen (Matt Maher)

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!! You two look adorable in your springtime colors! :)

Anonymous said...

Love both of your dresses. So cute!!!

Megan said...

So cute!!! I love the cookies!!! I will have to try that!

Jamie said...

Looks like a great weekend! I love the Easter table setting and your cookies...so cute!

Alexis Anderson said...

So fun!! And so jealous I missed the festivities. You look beautiful, as always! Miss you xoxoxoxo

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)