Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wine Friday: Malbec

It's Friday! Can I get an amen? Whew, I'm worn out, and delighted that the weekend is here!

wine fridays

For this Wine Friday, I'm sharing a bottle that I enjoyed last weekend.

punto-final

The weather has dropped a bit lately, so I'm back to craving a comforting glass of red. Spring will be back soon (I hope) but in the meantime, tonight I'll be under a blanket on the couch with some vino, my hubby and a good movie. Here's a great, inexpensive bottle of Malbec that I know I'll add to my regular rotation and keep in stock.

Punto Final Malbec
Year: 2009
Origin: Argentina
Average price: $10
Notes from wine.com: Deep ruby red in color with notes of blackberry, blueberry and cassis. On the palate, the wine is balanced and round, with a jammy mouthfeel and a long finish. Pair with steak, pasta with meat sauce, risotto, lamb and cheeses.

SO - I got a couple of comments on last week's post, so NEXT FRIDAY, I'll try my first LINKY party. That gives you guys the weekend to taste and remember a great bottle of wine to share with everyone. Consider it homework! :)

That's my kind of an assignment....enjoy!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Colleen Sullivan said...

You've got me hooked on Malbec! I gave it a try again a few weeks ago when Beverages & More had their 5 cent wine sale and its become my new favorite red.

I have a wine in mind for next week. Looking forward to it!

Alison said...

I love your wine suggestions! I started following your blog a month or so ago. My husband is a dentist, and I am about to finish my 4th year at UMC in Jackson. Small world!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)