Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 11/1

Happy Monday!

I missed eating home-cooked meals last week, so I'm excited about the menu I've got planned for this week!

1

From top left:

Chunky Tomato Basil Soup - I made this tonight and it was fab! I'll be doing a post on it this week. Recipe is from Betty Crocker.

Update: Check out the post here! This was our favorite meal of the week.

Pear-Walnut Sandwiches - I also made these tonight to go with the soup. They were different, but we really liked them. I was shocked that Keith enjoyed them; I thought these sandwiches would be too weird or 'girly' for him, as he says. But, it was a hit! Here is the recipe.

Result: Yummy!

Garlicky Baked Shrimp - Recipe from Real Simple. It sounds simple and yummy, and should go well with some basic pasta and/or salad.

Verdict: Average. It really can't stand alone, and should be served with pasta or rice. It was listed in Real Simple as a main dish, but it just wouldn't suffice. And the taste wasn't that outstanding. I won't make it again.

Pecan Encrusted Chicken with a Mandarin Orange and Pear Salad - This chicken recipe from Tasty Kitchen sounds good, but I'll be putting it with a different salad and homemade dressing recipe. I'll share the results!

Result: The chicken was good, we really liked it! I made it with a Paula Deen salad and dressing recipe that I didn't care for. Next time, I will make this with the salad recipe found on Tasty Kitchen (link above).

White Wine-Marinated Steak with Rosemary Mashed Potatoes - Yum, this Cooking Light steak recipe looks great, and I'm going to switch up their chive potatoes with rosemary. Should be great!

Outcome: The steak was good, but we much prefer Pioneer Woman's Steak with Burgundy Mushroom Sauce. So, we probably won't make this one again, since we'd rather have our favorite!

Peanut Butter Banana Bread - We've got lots of bananas left over from our party. We didn't end up using them with a chocolate fondue, so I'll put them to good use in this yummy recipe.

Update: WOW!!! LOVED THIS! Keith is now obsessed with this bread. I'll be doing a post with the recipe soon. YUM YUM!

Strawberry-Banana Smoothies - We have lots of strawberries in our fridge, too. So, in a perfect world I'll get up early and make smoothies every morning!


Everything above is a new recipe! I can't help myself!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

I just found you blog! I love it. Your menu looks delicious! And I loved your costumes! :)

Miss V said...

You always get me!! PB Banana bread!! Oh my heavens this sounds amazing I am HUGE PB Banana fan.. as in I have PB Banana toast pretty much every morning for breakfast!! I cannot wait to try these and all the rest! Also loved loved loved your Halloween posts I expected nothing less from you but it looked even more amazing than I imagined! Good luck on the competition!!

Anonymous said...

I completely want to see the recipe for the tomato soup! Looks delish...

Shannan Martin said...

I'm never more excited to cook than when I've been out of town, eating (yummy) restaurant food!

We just got back on Sunday and I went straight to the grocery store where I bought 3 bags of produce. :)

annecase said...

Had the tomato soup Sat. for lunch and it was right up my alley. Super easy, fast and delicious! Brought leftovers for my lunch today!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)