Here's a very easy breakfast recipe for you! I tore this out of a Kraft Food & Family magazine, and I'm so glad I gave it a shot. It's perfect if you have guests for breakfast!
Bacon Omelet Roll
Ingredients:
8 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1 red pepper, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tsp oregano
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salsa
Preheat oven to 350. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper, with ends extending over sides of pan. Spray very well with cooking spray!
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and flour until well blended. Stir in red pepper, green onion, bacon and oregano.
Pour into pan and spread evenly, pushing to edges.
Bake 14-16 minutes until edges are almost set. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Starting at the short end, roll up omelet immediately by lifting the parchment paper and slowly rolling, peeling the paper away.
Set on a platter.
PS - that whole rolling up thing was ridiculously easy.
Serve with your favorite salsa (I used a peach salsa, yum) and some salt and pepper.
Delicious!!!
There are really so many possibilities with this basic recipe. You could toss in cooked sausage (mmm), or ham, spinach, mushrooms, onions....pretty much anything you would try on an omelet, you can throw in here!! I will make this again and again since it was so easy and convenient!













0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)