Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Wooo Pig!

We just had a great weekend in Fayetteville. The weather was beautiful! We were even HOT during the football game. Is it November, really? It was amazing. AND, the Hogs played great against the South Carolina Gamecocks.

IMG_0776

IMG_0779
Jessica and Brandon sat with us. So much fun!

IMG_0782
Great pics on the field with my new cam!

IMG_0785
Touchdown Arkansas!!!!

IMG_0787
Hands up. Call those Hogs!

IMG_0790
Time for some great defense.

IMG_0793

IMG_0794

IMG_0798
Time for the handoff...

IMG_0800
After the game, with Meagan, Keith's pretty sister!

IMG_0812
Tailgating with Payton.

After the game, we stopped by the Tridelt house to visit and see Meagan's room. It was a nice walk down memory lane!!

IMG_0813
I love Mom Ellen. She's 80 years old and has been there over 10 years. What an amazing woman!



OK, now this next part is a little crazy. Meagan has been telling me that my picture is still up in the house from begin 06 Homecoming queenie. What she didn't tell me was that it was creepily extra large. They decorated the house for rush earlier in the semester and have left the decor in a side stairwell that they call the "Game Day stairs". They have a section of all the Deltas that have been Queen. We have had a few in recent years!


IMG_0815
OH my. So big. I really don't think anyone's face should be so large.


IMG_0819
This was a really pretty banner they had hanging. I used to be the banner chair, and now Meagan is, too. You'd be amazed what sorority girls can create with a bed sheet, paint and glitter!!

IMG_0820
Courtney and me.

Wait, take a closer look in the background of that picture....

IMG_0822
There's my parents on the left! In the DDD rush hallway. Oh my.

IMG_0821
My little fave Page Daniel was Queen last year. She's so cute!


Anyway, I told Meagan that I'm old hat and should not be used as a recruitment tool anymore. And I'm sorry to the girl who's room is directly across from those stairs. Yeeesh.


Then, because the afternoon was so gorgeous, we took a stroll around campus to relive the good ole days. It was so nice to be there again :)

IMG_0828
Keith with his name on Senior Walk.

IMG_0830
Amazing tree!

IMG_0832
There she is. Old Main. My love.

IMG_0839
Right where Keith proposed. Ahh, the memories.


IMG_0844
I want to continue to come back to this spot, even when we're old and gray.

IMG_0845
Such a lovely sight.


IMG_0846
The start of Senior Walk. I love this Arkansas tradition!!

Before we knew it, it was time for dinner and a night out on Dickson. We ate at my favorite restaurant, Powerhouse. I have missed that place so much!! Then, we did a little bar hopping for some drinks and people watching...

IMG_0847
Jay Richards and Keith.

IMG_0851
My Mary Catherine!! Keith loves her as much as I do :)


IMG_0854
I miss you, friend.

IMG_0857
Jay, Phil and Keith. Hey ladies, those are 2 eligible (and smart) bachelors!

IMG_0859
We love you, Fayetteville, and have missed you. Go Hogs!


1 responses. Leave a Comment!:

In This Wonderful Life said...

MORE fun pics!!! I so miss living in Fayetteville!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)