Happy Thanksgiving eve! Oh my goodness, I love this holiday. LOVE it.
Obviously it's wonderful because of the food. My mom makes a wonderful turkey. My Aunt Kay's sweet potato casserole makes me go crazy every year. I could eat one thousand green bean bundles. My Grandma Bobo's dressing is to die for. And don't get me started on pumpkin and pecan pies.
But, besides the food, this holiday celebration has a wonderful "attitude" about it. It's the one holiday that isn't totally commercialized and materialistic (yet). Think about it: no gifts. You're with family and simply giving thanks for all the blessings in your life. I think it's so good for the soul.
Don't get me wrong I love Christmas, too. But, I think the simplicity of Thanksgiving is really special. And, this year I get to go to 2 Thanksgivings. Hooray! I need to find my stretchy pants....
Enjoy the long weekend everyone!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)