Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Hotty Toddy

Our weekend in Oxford was a blast! We had the best time with our little Memphis family. And going to a football game at another SEC school is pretty cool, too!

We were lucky enough to be able to stay in a townhouse for the weekend, so it was more home-y than a hotel room. We did have to sleep in close quarters, so we have now bonded in a totally new way! Pajamas, air mattresses, morning breath, make-up less faces, giggling in the dark, snacking late at night, sharing bathrooms. Oh, yeah, we're a family for sure!

We also ended up singing songs a heck of a lot this weekend. The theme song was Lady Antebellum's Need You Now. It has nothing to do with all of us happily married folk calling a long-lost lover in the middle of the night, but we all sang that song a lot!! "It's a quarter after one and I'm all alone and I neeeeeed you now...." Ahh, memories! I think it's just a catchy tune...

Anyway, so here are the pictures of our adventure in The Grove. What an amazing place!

IMG_0903
LOVE the trees and tents everywhere

IMG_0902
The spread at the Tucker/Trammell tent

IMG_0944

IMG_0919
The folks love Houston Nutt down here. I loved him for the day, too.

IMG_0899
I had my morning bloody marry in one of those Ole Miss cups. I'm a good sport!

IMG_0900
Trav and Keith.
Keith is sportin' his new sunglass thing that he got from his sister. Way to represent the DDD!

IMG_0910

IMG_0915
It was a beautiful day full of sunshine!!


IMG_0917
The Tennessee fans: Puryears and Siscos.

IMG_0922
There's a real REBEL for ya! What a cutie.

IMG_0925
My bestie wife friends. I LOVE LOVE LOVE 'em!

IMG_0927
Ole Miss football. It was an experience!

IMG_0932
Oh and Keith just FREAKED that they sold sweet tea in the stands. He wants Arkansas to get on board, fast.


IMG_0935
Do you see the Puryears and Siscos?
I took this picture of where the Tennessee fans were sitting from ALL THE WAY across the stadium. I am lovin' my camera! I zoomed right in and found 'em. Crazy, right!? Bet they're glad they were doing something normal and not picking their nose.

IMG_0941
We made great fake Ole Miss fans.

IMG_0953
After the game, a big dental school group had gathered. These are some nice folks I tell ya!

IMG_0962
Future Dentists of America. Ladies, get excited.

IMG_0968
My hubs. Be still my heart! He is rockin' that beard.

(Have I told y'all that it's No Shave November? Trav gave Keith the idea.
We'll talk about that later)

IMG_0969
Oh, Charles, you know how to make us LAUGH!

IMG_0970
Sometimes my camera is too clear. You can see all my pores! Yikes!

IMG_0918
Kayla looks awfully sassy. I'm just sayin'. Maybe she's ticked her Tennessee team lost? Just kidding! She's a good sport.

IMG_0978
Julie and her cute orange accessories.
I've never seen so much orange in one place as I did at this game!

IMG_0973
Puryears

IMG_0983
Kayla and Keith. I just love you 2!

IMG_0994
Group shot. This is a framer!

IMG_1000
Cute lil Ole Miss couple! The Trammells

IMG_1020
Daniel! You made the blog! Sorry about that spill on your shirt! Better you than me, my friend.

IMG_1027
The Siscos are so cute and flirty.

IMG_1035
Oh, this is when I decided I wasn't in enough pictures.

IMG_1038
Me and my imaginary Keith pose for a picture. I'm sure he was out and about chatting with folks.

IMG_1046
Heading back to the house after a long and very fun day!

IMG_1050
Lauren and their dog.....(are you ready for this, Hog fans?)...Houston Nutt.
That's his name. And he is awesome!


And, I will leave you with this picture:


IMG_1054
If that gives you any idea of how close the swinger's club* has now become, you'll know that we are one tight-knit bunch!

*We have been affectionately named the swinger's club by all of the jealous singles in dental school. We're always together and we make married life look so fun! No worries, no spouse swapping. Yet :)



4 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Travis and Kayla said...

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. I want to crop the picture of Charles and make it poster size!! I love the Swingers Club!

Anonymous said...

hahaha, LOVE this!!!! And the Swingers Club ROCKS! People, don't be jealous!!!! LOVE Ya'll

In This Wonderful Life said...

LOVE all the pics!!! Looks like a super fun weekend :)

Courtney McShan said...

I love reading your blog! We should all get together after thanksgiving for some girls time!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)