Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

The Hencys

Meet Kelsey and Mat Hency.



Today is their birthday... both of their birthdays!

They are our wonderful, awesomely cool friends that we love so much. Kelsey was my sorority sister, so that's how we became close friends. Mat, however, went to Texas at Austin for college. We forgive him for this and love him anyway. They now live in Dallas and I don't see 'em enough!

Here's a little birthday shout out to them via a Letterman style TOP TEN list!


Reasons I LUV the Hency's

10. They've got to be the hippest, coolest people I know. They're just NEAT, my friends. NEAT-o!

9. They do the sweetest things for each other. They are so romantic and creative. If I ever need a good idea for a gift, I call Kelsey. Because they went to separate colleges, the only saw each other every month or so.Their stories are wonderful!

8. They're both smart, smart, smart!

7. Kelsey comes from a family of all K names: Kirby, Kathy, Kelsey, Kasey, Kristin, Kate,and Kampbell and then there's the dogs: Klifford and Khaki. How fun! Kelsey can spout off the role call really fast.

6. They have a blog so I can keep up with them, but they're busy and rarely update. I hound Kels about this regularly.

5. Kelsey works in advertising, too, so she and I have a lot in common when it comes to work. Kels is into more of the research and strategy side of things, so I can always count on her to refer me to a really good article or website.

4. We love double dating with them. It's a rare occurance, but Keith and I sure do love it.

3. Our husbands bond well together. There's been many a time, and will be many more, when we're at a wedding weekend or similar event, and the boys are on their own. Keith ALWAYS wants to make sure Mat will be there. He's his wingman.

2. Kelsey and Mat love each other so much. I can't think of a more perfect fit! And God is at the center of their relationship. Because of this, their wedding was extra special to be a part of...


{Kelsey and her bridesmaids in blue + my dad}

and the #1 most awesome thing about the Hency's:

1. They love the Lord!



This weekend, at Jeni's wedding, Keith and I will get to spend some time with them- and we can't wait!! Happy Birthday guys, we love y'all!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)