Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Summer Reading

Oh, how I love books.

There's just nuttin' like a good novel, especially one you can't put down! I think reading is so important and fun- like an adventure. gahh, doesn't that sound like a poster from your elementary school library?
And while I haven't always been an avid reader and haven't read near the amount of books I'd like to, I would love to share some faves with you...almost all of which have come as recommendations from my mom.


Read this. Just do it.
It is, quite possibly, one of my favorite books. Ever. Learn more about it here.



Great book! It's from the perspective of an autistic boy. Everyone should read this!


Nicholas Sparks. Oh, how I am a sucker for your stories.


This is an old member of Oprah's book club. And for good reason. Very thought provoking.


Nice classic summer read.
A baby is left on the front steps of a plantation. Sweet story of the events that unfold!


And then there's the books that became movies. Doesn't everyone know that the book is ALWAYS, 100% of the time, a zillion times better than the movie? If you like these films, read 'da book (if you haven't already)!


Yes, I am guilty of being a Twilight fan. So easy to read, sucks you right in (like my vampire reference?). I'm on team Edward, though I think Jacob is darn good lookin' on the big screen. New Moon comes out November 20 and I will be seeing it on opening night :) This is one book series I will read again, for sure.

I haven't gotten into the Harry Potter series yet. But, I think I'm long overdue to read those. What do you think? Should I?



Fabulous movie. Fabulous book. A ladies' favorite. Duh on this one :)


This is an older book that was made into a pretty sweet movie with Natalie Portman and Ashley Judd. Again, book is much better!


Ever see the movie Simon Birch from a while back? It was based off this excellent book. Another must read. John Irving is a great writer.


And here's my most recent to finish:


I loved this. Guys would like this a lot, too. Wonderful, spiritual story of a boy from India whose family operates a zoo. The family decides to move to Canada and sell the animals to other zoos. Mid route on a cargo ship across the Pacific with the animals, the ship sinks....leaving the boy alone on a life raft with a bengal tiger. Have I captured your interest yet?

And on to what I'm reading now... My Sister's Keeper.
I've only been reading it for 2-3 days and have almost finished.

This has been made into a movie that's being released this weekend. I'm sure it will be great, and will make me cry :)

If you like to read, please tell me about some of your favorites!!!!
Oh, and here's where I keep all posts about books.

Happy summer reading!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Hunter said...

now Keith needs to add some.

and, by the way, great video. though i missed the wedding, i felt like i was there after watching.

Anonymous said...

Yo Kendall...(haha!)
I will update when I get to see my FRIENDS again in Memphis and have something to write about!!!! :) Haven't seen ya'll in sooooo long and we will HAVE to plan dinner or something in 2 weeks when EVERYONE will finally be HOME! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)