Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

My Mary

My friend of the week is Miss Mary Catherine Lewis. She has the purest heart of gold of any girl I know! In fact, I received a sweet "thinking of you" card from her in the mail today. So, I immediately knew who to write about. So, let me introduce you...












Mary Catherine, otherwise know as MC, and I met through our college sorority, Delta Delta Delta! We became friends from the start and have been "kindred spirits" ever since. She's a beautiful blonde barbie doll with a contagious laugh and a habit of calling you "goosey". She is always smiling and positive. Never fails! She's barrels of fun and makes me giggle like I'm a kid again.















(This is MC goofin' around at my bridal luncheon. She's got a little Marilyn in her)

We share a love for God first and foremost. And we both have, unfortunately, been handed some hard cards in life with the loss of close loved ones. I feel like no matter what, Mary understands me and I understand her. We have shared a lot of laughs, and a lot of tears, too.















She lives in Knoxville now and works for Chick-fil-A doing marketing. I'm so happy for her that she is loving her job and doing so great and life! But, I have to be selfish and sad because I miss her terribly. I haven't seen her since my wedding in June and it breaks my heart. But, thanks to modern technology, she's only a phone call away! And no distance can separate dear friends.












Soon, we'll meet back up again and have a fruity margarita (with a sugar rim, please sir) at Loca Luna! I can't wait, friend!
And here are a few more pics for fun...

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)