This weekend, we went to Fayetteville to cheer on our Arkansas Razorbacks vs Alabama! We had a great time and enjoyed the beautiful weather, exciting atmosphere and good friends. Here are the pics:
We were lucky enough to fly to the 'ville with our friend, Dr. Ben Burris. 45 minutes sure does beat a 5+ hour drive! Thank you, Ben, for letting us tag along!!
When we got to Fayetteville (bright and early on Saturday morning) we circled the stadium for an awesome view!! This was so cool! I love my Alma Mater!
A few hours later, we were tailgating in the pit. The atmosphere was electric in Fayetteville! It was the first time since 1979 that two teams in the top 10 played at the U of A. Tickets were completely sold out, and were selling online for up to $1,000!!! In other words, it was a pretty BIG game!
I love Reynolds Razorback stadium, so many good memories there!
We love walking around all of the tailgates and running into great friends. Here's Keith with one of our faves, Mr. Kyle Shadid.
Funny that all of these guys thought the exact same thing when they got dressed that morning....red polo + khaki shorts = classic combo.
With my besties!! I LOVE this picture! This is my new favorite tailgate pic with these gals, and we've taken many over the years. If only Jessica were in it! (from left: Whitney, Joanna, Lauren and I)
Ugh, boys! Lauren and I had to make fun of our men. Keith was walking around with a chicken tender hanging out of his mouth, and Lee was drinking out of the largest truck stop cup in the world. I suppose we ARE Arkansans, but still :)
Matt Imhoff and I make use of my camera's self-portrait feature. Ladies, he is still single!!!
I love my Jojo!
Me, Whitney, Lauren, Meredith, and Chase. Pro tailgaters!
Game time! The stadium was packed with a sea of red. I loved it!!
Notice everyone looking towards the sky....
There were 3 paratroopers headed towards the field! So cool.
The first half was absolutely FANTASTIC! The #10 Hogs were on fire against #1 Alabama. We had the lead and I was 99% certain we'd win the game. It was SO exciting!
Halftime photo break with the hubs!
Dippin' Dots at the stadium! I was apparently really excited about this....
Then the game took a bad turn south and we lost by a few points. We made some poor mistakes that cost us the game. It was TRAGIC. I'd never seen the stadium so excited and on fire, then just devastated. Like popping a balloon. It was really a heartbreaking loss for Arkansas!
In the end though, I'm still SO proud of the pigs. We played a great game and it was one of the best, most exciting games I've been to. Of course it's sad we didn't win, but that didn't keep us from having a wonderful weekend!
Friends, it was great to see all of you! Dr. Burris, thanks again!!! We owe ya big time :)







1 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Great pictures! Glad y'all had a fun weekend!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)