I am home safe from the UK, friends.
Liverpool was great! Our video shoot went well, and I had fun with the fine folks I was traveling with. I got to see a bit of the city and took lots and lots of pictures. I'll be sharing a few this week!
Today is my birthday, although it has hardly felt like it! It has been the longest bday of my life so far (with the time change, I think it's a 32 hour day). I've been on my journey from UK to US since 11:00 central time last night, which means I'm approaching the 24 hour mark of no real rest. Airplane sleep is fake anyway, don't you agree? Despite being drained, I am a happy, happy girl.
Keith brought me home to a spotless house, with the table set.
A surprise bouquet was in our bathroom. Gorgeous!!!
He also included a gift card to some serious spa time! He's already made an appointment for me tomorrow. I'll head over to the Peabody in between working from home and getting adjusted to being in this time zone. I can't wait!!
Then, he served me dinner. Dinner that he made all by himself! It was all ready and waiting in the warm oven. I was blown away! This is a recipe that neither of us had made before. So, he made it all from scratch! It's an amazing Giada de Laurentiis chicken dish over mashed potatoes that was divine. I'll be sharing the recipe soon! Maybe Keith will make this post? :)
The best part of all of it?
A heart-shaped strawberry cake! My Grandma BoBo's recipe. My all time favorite cake in the world. With yummy strawberry icing.
He made this all by himself, too! He was so excited to show me his masterpiece. I was totally impressed with his creativity to use my heart pan and put it on the platter so nicely. And the cake was fantastic!
It doesn't photograph that well, but it's a pink and red beauty. As we were enjoying the yummy cake I realized how badly I need to do a blog post on this. Mental note taken!
I feel so tired. And I look a little tired in this picture, too. But, hey, now I have an excuse to celebrate my birthday many times this week since today was spent almost entirely in the air.
Happy Birthday to me!
Oh and PS- I will now return to a regular blogging schedule again. Sorry for the interruptions!
Oh and PS- I will now return to a regular blogging schedule again. Sorry for the interruptions!







11 responses. Leave a Comment!:
What a sweet, sweet hubby you have! Happy birthday!!
That's so awesome of your hubby to spoil you like that on your birthday. have a great one :)
Glad you're back home safely. Happy birthday!!!
What a great birthday surprise! Glad you're back home safe and sound. Enjoy your day at the spa! And please post those recipes. Yum!
Dang, Keith. You need to start writing a manual titled 'How to be a Great Husband...The Simple Ways to a Woman's Heart: By Keith Jones'...then have a book signing. I'll make the invites. Welcome home and Happy Birthday Mrs. Jones!!! Can't wait to see the London pictures this week!
Please have your husband post that Giada recipe!!!!! YUM!
Happy Belated Birthday!! Your hubs is so sweet. Must be a southern thing, I sure haven't met anyone like that up here!!
Thanks, girls!!! He is a good hubs, huh? :)
Wonderful Hubby, and I can't wait for the cake recipe... but most importantly I am obsessed with that nail polish!! What color/ brand? I must have that! xoxo
Hope you had a great birthday Kendall! It looks like you did with all that wonderful food! Lucky girl!
Please tell me you are going to also post that cake recipe. It looks divine.
Anita
www.feedingmypickyeaters.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)