Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

A Proposal

I'm back home from work trip #1! Sorry for the lack of posts so far this week. I leave for Liverpool next Tuesday, so next week may be quiet on here, too. Thanks for hangin' with me, readers!

Are you ready for something sweet, romantic? I can't wait to share these pics!

Last Friday night, Keith and I were accomplices in a beautiful proposal. We were honored to participate and help pull it off. Keith's best bud in dental school is Miles and he was ready to pop the big question to his sweet girlfriend, Caitlyn. You've seen pics of these love birds on the blog before!

Anyway, Keith and I help set the scene down on Mud Island in Memphis, right on the Mississippi River, and took pictures of the whole thing!

IMG_7337

What a gorgeous setting, right!? The river, the bridge, the pyramid. Love it.

IMG_7352


Roses. Red, red roses. There's no other flower that so boldly says love.


IMG_7344

I happen to think this is a pretty nice bench!

IMG_7338

Miles made this awesome window pane frame for Cait, and filled it with photos and a love letter. She had been asking for him to refinish this window pane for her to use as a frame, and I think it's so sweet that he did it as part of the proposal. How cool that this will be in their home forever!? Love the keepsake element :)

IMG_7362

Prop stylist and photographers are ready! We had two cameras, mine and Caitlyn's parents' really nice Canon Rebel. It was great to have 2 angles and two options for every step of the way! Keith did a fantastic job!! His shots are some of my favorites. Way to go, hubs!

44615_1365371663304_1502010084_30788949_2400549_n

Keith hid down in a culvert and I was behind this electrical box. Strategy, folks!

IMG_7379

Miles blindfolded Caitlyn and said he had a surprise for her. She had taken her optometry school entrance exam earlier in the day and did a fantastic job, so he was able to say he was giving her a congratulatory gift. I loved watching them walk down, knowing what was about to happen!!

44615_1365371703305_1502010084_30788950_1860052_n

Keith snapped this pic and it is one of my favorites! Miles just looks so excited. I love the way he's leading her!

IMG_7392

My heart was bursting at this point. He is down on that knee!! Ahhhhh!!

41152_1365373063339_1502010084_30788962_4675229_n

Keith got some great pics from his angle. How perfect is this??

IMG_7400

Love the big hug afterward. Love it.


45587_1365374983387_1502010084_30788974_3976405_n

Right about now is when we were able to come out from hiding and take some more pics! Caitlyn and I did our OMGing and squealing!

IMG_7407

Time to read the romantic letter...

IMG_7415

Pure cuteness!

IMG_7424

Future bride and groom

IMG_7428

They are just glowing!

IMG_7437

Holy molar, that thing is fantabulous.

46966_1366439810007_1502010084_30791378_4915649_n

Yay! I made her a little wedding planning binder to help out with the next year. There's a custom tab for all the areas that I know require some thought! I'm ready to dish out the tips :) Not that I'm an expert!

46966_1366439890009_1502010084_30791380_7110114_n

Love these cute, sweet men. So blessed Keith has such a good friend in Miles.

IMG_7443

Afterward, there was a surprise party with some of their friends and family. We had so much fun being a part of the big night!

Congrats, Miles and Caitlyn. Can't wait for the wedding day!

12 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

What a sweet proposal and how fun that y'all got to be part of it! Her ring is gorgeous!!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh, I love this!! I wish someone could have gotten pictures of my proposal. She'll cherish that forever and how fun that you got to be in on it!

Miss V said...

The frame, photos, love letter, surprise photographers and party... oh my heavens! Absolutely amazing they are a lucky couple to have one another and lucky to have you and Keith in friends..loved this post! All the best to the newly engaged couple!!

Jennifer said...

ahhh this was sooooooo perfect!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How very, very blessed you all are to have such incredible friendships!! Truly wonderful.

Caroline said...

This is so sweet! What an honor!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Hubs used 2 of his fraternity brothers to help him on the day of our engagement. They videotaped the entire thing and started taping early that morning. It was so funny going back and watching it because they are running around in their boxers for the first few minutes. Just wanted we all wanted to see but still.

Kendall said...

What a fun experience to participate in! So cute Kendall :)

Elizabeth Cheek said...

That happens to be where I got engaged. Minus the roses! That girl has some great legs! I want her work out routine!

Anonymous said...

How sweet. I love that they have pictures of the big moment!!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

That is too cute! I love the window frme - turned picture frame, how sweet. And love the pics you and Keith took!

Kristin said...

So sweet! Her ring is GORGEOUS!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)