Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Behind the Scenes in Liverpool

Liverpool! 
Remember how I told you I went there last week for work? Well, it was great. I have lots and lots of pictures. But, I'll boil it down to some of the highlights.

Let me set the scene: I work for an advertising agency, cs2, (learn about my job here) and we are partners with the fantastic hotel brand, Hampton Inn. We're working on a series of videos right now showcasing their awesome product and new properties. Part of the assignment? Shoot a new hotel in Liverpool, UK! So, along with a few co-workers, my clients, and a big crew, we spent 3 days capturing the best of the best!

IMG_7699

The view from the hotel: Hampton by Hilton Liverpool City Centre. What you see here is Albert Dock, a popular tourist destination, and the Mersey waterway.

IMG_7549

Welcome to the coolest hotel in the city!


IMG_7666

Let me tell you, it is no small task to shoot a video. What would seem to be a simple shot takes a lot of thought, planning and attention to detail. Everything must be just right!

IMG_7668

I love this picture! It's no accident that the colors pop, the receptionist is glowing, and the suitcase is pristine. All perfectly planned!

IMG_7653

Behind the scenes with my fab clients from Hampton: Denella and Paula

IMG_7548

We had a make-up artist and talent. And these ladies were just charming. I could listen to their delightful accents all day long!

IMG_7625

Alex was another local talent we used. He had experience in underwear modeling. I was not surprised. 
Holy Molar. 
Ah hem. Anyway.


Attention to detail is everything...
IMG_7593

Kaleo cuts up apples so that only the freshest, non-brown apples are used!


IMG_7591

Olga and Eric pay close attention. 
I wanted to take Olga home. She could work wonders on making my home look magazine-ready!

IMG_7533

Even the way a salad is displayed is a debate! All worth it though....

IMG_7547

Beautiful breakfast!

IMG_7605

Places carefully set...

IMG_7599

Even TVs were loaded with carefully-selected still images to make them look nice!

IMG_7608

And the lighting. Oh my, the work that goes into lighting. You see, it's only EVERYTHING.

IMG_7677

The hotel was already beautiful, but we put its best foot forward!

IMG_7541

This is the fancy rolling dolly camera system.

IMG_7537

Denella checks out the next shot!

IMG_7581

"Ok, everyone, act naturally! It's breakfast time!" Even though it was really 6 pm..... :)

IMG_7688

Shooting in tight places like the bedroom was more of a challenge. There is such a thing as too many cooks in the kitchen!

IMG_7698

The bathroom may be small, but it sure is nice!

IMG_7702

After lots of hard work, it's a WRAP!! We had a great team working on this one :)

IMG_7707

Time to celebrate and relax a little!

IMG_7741

We had just a bit of time for sightseeing. Here I am on Albert Dock.

IMG_7745

IMG_7748

IMG_7752

And THE BEATLES. Of course.

IMG_7754

Liverpool is the inspiration behind so many hits: Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Yellow Submarine! The Beatles are like the greatest. Ever.


It also turned Sept 12, my birthday, while we were there. So, we celebrated by taking a ride in the big Ferris wheel on Albert Dock on our last night:

IMG_7757

It was so big!

IMG_7766

IMG_7802

IMG_7787

Celebratory champagne on the Ferris wheel ride with Kaleo and Eric.

IMG_7786

Denella, Chad and Michael.

(Michael spends most of his time working on the set of NBC's Parenthood in LA, it's only my favorite show!!! I tried not to pick his brain too much :)

IMG_7796

What a great trip! It was a wonderful time, and a successful video shoot. The final edits are in progress now, and I promise to link to the final product. Pssst- I'll be in it, too! Ahh! :)

6 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Jamie said...

What a fun job you have! Glad you had fun :)

Anonymous said...

Have to know where you got that cute gray skirt!?!?

Kendall Jones said...

Banana Republic! Love their clothes right now :)

Holly said...

You have the neatest job. How fun!

Alexis Anderson said...

Yay! Looks like it was a great time.. glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait to see the final product! And your film debut :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful work trip...I would love to go to Liverpool and see the Beatles museums and attractions!

And my dear, you look too freakin cute! Love the long necklaces and layered looks.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)