Heavens, it's been a while since I've cooked. All this traveling and busyness has kept me from it, and I'm getting so sick of eating out. Finally, it's the weekend! We have NO plans, and spending some QT with my kitchen is the only thing on the agenda. That and cheering for the Arkansas Razorbacks on TV here in a second :)
Anyway, the point is, it's September 18 and I've only posted 2 recipes so far this month. GASP! Time to make up for lost time...
Last night we made a quick and easy meal. It's a Southern Living recipe from their May issue that I've been meaning to make ever since. It was tasty and pretty, too!
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Blackberry Sauce
Ingredients:
2 (3/4-lb.) pork tenderloins (or one large)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup seedless blackberry preserves
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons rum or orange juice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (I didn't have fresh and we survived with the dried spice)
Instructions:
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove silver skin from tenderloins, leaving a thin layer of fat. Brush tenderloins with oil, and rub with seasoning and salt.
Grill tenderloins, covered with grill lid, 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together blackberry preserves and next 4 ingredients in a small saucepan, and cook over low heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Cut pork diagonally into thin slices, and arrange on a serving platter; drizzle with warm sauce.
*Note: we served this with a salad of mixed greens, blackberries, orange pieces and sugared pecans. We used the extra sauce as dressing and it was yummy! This sauce recipe is good, not overpowering, and would be great on chicken, too. Southern Living called this recipe 'spicy', I suppose because of the Caribbean jerk seasoning, but it did not strike me as spicy at all! :)







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)