Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

The Arrival of Fall

Today is the official first day of Fall!! So long, summer (even though it's still in the 90s here).

I was so ready to transition the house to Autumn this year. I was so over summer colors and the odd months of August and September. I never know what to put out! I'm such a sucker for seasonal 'accents', which is why I LOVE when spring comes after a cold, dark winter, when fall finally arrives after a blazing hot summer, and then Christmas is on the heels of that.

So, without further adieu, here is our fall decor for 2010:

IMG_7943

I love my pumpkin sign. So happy to put that back out!

IMG_7945

The front porch. I'll be adding some mums and real pumpkins in the next couple of weeks.

IMG_7946

This is my third year to use this wreath my mom made. It still looks pretty good!

Now, let's go inside....

IMG_7885

Welcome! 
I switched things up here from years past. These are all things I had, except for the branches, so it was nice to do some recycling and just 'shop the house.'

IMG_7890

I can't remember where this wooden pumpkin came from, but I sure do love it! Next to it, I just arranged some cream candles on top of fake leaves in a tray.

IMG_7886

Ok, I'm quite proud of myself here! I knew I wanted something branchy, twiggy and airy, so I made this arrangement myself. I had the vase in the living room already, and bought the branches half-off at Michael's...

IMG_7887

I put a Styrofoam block down in the vase, stuck in the branches, and then added some moss filler. I had some colorful leaves, nuts and random pieces from some potpourri that I stuck in for some extra color.

IMG_7892

I stayed with the same thing as last year in the dining room because I liked it so much! No need to reinvent the wheel here.

IMG_7870

The mantle was a total re-do. Last year, I didn't do anything special to it, so this time around, I was ready to step it up. I went to one of my favorite cheap decor stores, Garden Ridge, and got all of the accessories for a steal!

IMG_7864

Garden Ridge had all of these matching ceramic pieces in a variety of shapes and sizes, and each piece was $5 at most. I knew I could use them year-round, so I scooped 'em up! The branches in the pitcher came from Michael's at half-price, too!

IMG_7865

The Ridge also had some cheap feaux pumpkins, and bundles of fall stuff (like acorns, mini gords, leaves, etc.), so I got a few of those as filler.

IMG_7872

I got out my colorful wooden pumpkins, and added a new pillow from Pier 1 to a chair.

IMG_7874

I also added our warm, cozy blanket and some soft burnt orange pillows to the couch. It totally transformed the room!

IMG_7875

My big bowl of magazines is overflowing lately, I've got some reading to do!

IMG_7895

I'm so happy with the way our house looks right now. I just want to cozy up every day after work with a glass of wine and light a fall candle. Here's to the weather getting cooler soon!!

Thanks for stopping by :)

15 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great! I love all the fall accents that you've added.

Jennifer said...

I love your decorations! Your house is beautiful!

Kristin said...

LOVE the way you decorated! Love those pumpkins on your table!! Where did you get those???

Jamie said...

SO very cute! Love it all :)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline said...

I am loving your choices right now!!! It all looks so beautiful! Will you come and help me decorate?

Melissa said...

Your house is gorgeous! I love all the decorations!!

Kendall said...

Love the dining room arrangement. My mom has some metal pumpkins like yours and I am hoping to steal them! I also love the arrangement you made with the branches. I might try to recreate it! A good steal at Michaels? Not something I can resist!

Leslie said...

Your house looks beautiful!

Miss V said...

Just did a few Fall things around here as well... but you have inspired me to do a little more! And ONE day my own Mr. Jones will actually propose and I too will HAVE to have one of those outdoor pumpkin signs! My fav. by far! xoxo

Anonymous said...

kendall, i love what you've done. It looks great!! I have a question...what is the paint color called that you have in the living room? I really like it.

Colleen Sullivan said...

Hi Kendall--Where do you get your personalized yard signs?

Kendall Jones said...

Hey gals! Thanks for the sweet comments! A few answers to questions: Kristen, the wire pumpkins? Those are from Garden Ridge! Anonymous- our main house color is Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige. And, Colleen, the yard signs are from a local gift/art show that comes to Memphis a few times a year. They sell a variety of metal signs at this booth and personalize with a paint pen right on the spot. They don't have a website, unfortunately :( It's just one of those rare finds!

Cara said...

You have such a beautiful home, and oh, how I'm envious of that gorgeous front porch of yours. The twiggy, branchy arrangement you created is wonderful, and I've been thinking about doing something similar for my house. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kristen @ joyfullythriving.com said...

I love your table pumpkins, too! I wish we had a Garden Ridge around as your table looks beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)