Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Thanksgiving 09

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! Like I said earlier, we got to have 2. It was deeeelightful! Mom made 2 of her wonderful champagne turkeys (more to come on that later), and I got to have as much sweet potato casserole as I wanted. Harvest heaven.

Here are pics from Round 1: Mom's side at my Aunt Kay's house.

IMG_1351
Champagne Turkey. Will share recipe soon. Trust me, it's going to be worth it to see photos of step-by-step turkey makin'

IMG_1352
Best. Cranberry Salad. Ever.

IMG_1354
Be still my heart.

IMG_1362
This was one of 7 pies. Yes, 7.

IMG_1357
He ate too much?

IMG_1358

IMG_1360
My Uncle Ronnie and Uncle Martin.

IMG_1365


IMG_1367
My cousin Heather! I never get to see her! She's so beautiful and sweet :)

IMG_1373
And she's getting married to this handsome and nice fella in March. Can't wait!!

IMG_1374
Cute siblings: Oldest is Kay on the right, then my mom is next, and Martin is the baby.



On Friday, we did it all again with Dad's side. Here are pics from Round 2: Uncle Greg's house.

IMG_0433
Reading magazines with Sam. I love her. So funny.

IMG_0497
Side note: Her nephew is Kris Allen. Yes, that's right.

IMG_0443
I think I'd rather be eating than reading magazines? When do the grandparents arrive so we can START!?

IMG_0452
Every family has crazy relatives.
My Uncle Greg = Cousin Eddie.

IMG_0460
Aunt Lana and cousin Scott Bollen. He's got a rustic charm going on right now with that hair and beard! He's a fan of No Shave November, too.

IMG_0472
Me, Scott and Kyle were the 3 muskateers as kids.

IMG_0427
My GORGEOUS cousin Brooke. She looks like a super model. We're the same age and I wish we lived closer!

IMG_0501
My other cousin, Brandon. The very smart one in the bunch, and funny. He is truly fascinating.

IMG_0482
Keith made funny faces in the rest of his pics. This is his best one...

IMG_0528
Aaaaaand my Dad is hilarious.

IMG_0592
So, Grandma and Papa Doc arrive at approximately 1:28. Here, Grandma is explaining the reason for the 28 minute delay. She claims Papa Doc rushed her out the door as she was combing her hair. The defendant doesn't seem to agree! They crack me up.

IMG_0608
Turkey coma has taken affect!

IMG_0613
I got up from the couch at one point and had a feather on my beeehind. It stayed on there for a while without my knowledge. This was funny to everybody else.

IMG_0617
Stuck on my bottom.

IMG_0618
Thanks, guys!

IMG_0624
Keith, if you're going to fall asleep in the corner of the room behind a chair, expect Uncle Greg to pick on you.




Later that night (Friday), we went to dinner for Joanna's birthday. It was so much fun! We had a private party room at Grafitti's, so it allowed us to have our own little space for dinner and drinks. Here are those pics....Are you overloaded yet? :)

IMG_1380
Cute cupcakes that spelled out a b-day wish!

IMG_1383
Lovely ladies picture.

IMG_1385
Birthday girl!

IMG_1391

IMG_1393
I think this is an adorable pic of JoJo!

IMG_1396
Keith and I sat with Brandon and Jessica. They're like kids. Luckily nothing was spilled or set on fire. Just kidding, guys. Love you.

IMG_1395
Quinten. Mr. NLR, Mr. Washington, D.C.
He admitted to be an avid reader of my blog and likes the fact that it has lots of pictures. I agree, Q. I'll do my best to keep the good content comin'!! Just promise to come back from D.C. often so I can take more pics of you!

IMG_1400
Ahh! My Mary Catherine. SO loved talking and catching up with her. My MC cup has been filled back up with love :)

IMG_1402
Jess. Pretty, tall, Jess. Makes me feel short and midge-like.

IMG_1404
3 male models (for jeans and button-up shirts).
Quinten, Matt and Keith.
Matt Imhoff, while I love your plaid shirt, your facial expression is not your best, cheese. :)


Whew! I'm exhausted after catching y'all up. I still have more to share, too. I've got a recipe to post and pictures of.....dum dum dum....Jones home holiday decor!! Hold on to your hats, folks, because it's a winter wonderful in here. Christmas cheer has thrown up everywhere and it's a sight to behold, thanks to my Mom. More to come on that tomorrow or the next day!! Happy Monday!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)