Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Hogs and Bulldogs

For the 3rd week in a row, we went to an 11:00 am football game. I'm caught up for a while, that's for sure! We've had fun going to all the games, but those full days can wear you out!

This time, it was Arkansas vs Mississippi State in Little Rock. The weather was, once again, beautiful. Being outside and enjoying the fall season is nice, especially since cold days are ahead!

The Strothers sat with us, and it was a great time!

IMG_1200


IMG_1201
The newlyweds!

IMG_1204
The hogs played pretty good and beat those ole bulldogs!

IMG_1210
Lauren and I loved catching up on her life after the wedding!

IMG_1214
My favorite part of the game, the Arkansas flag cheer/song. This always happens at the end of the 3rd quarter.

IMG_1217
LOVE the all red uniforms.

Next, we did a little people searching in the crowd. It was pretty easy to spot my mom and dad with their friends; the stadium is not that big! I did have trouble getting a good picture of mom...


IMG_1202
See my dad on the left? Mom is totally hidden by a guy standing up. She's so darn short!

IMG_1211
They switched seats, so I can see her. But, now she's blotting her lipstick? Oh, Jan.

IMG_1219
The man is blocking tiny J again!

IMG_1218
Ok, finally I see her. Looks like dad is explaining a play.

I looked for Whitney's family next, cuz I know where they always sit. I found them, but Whitney was always covered up by her dad. But, I see Alexis sitting with her!!

IMG_1229
Didn't know I was spying on ya, huh, lexy? Love that plaid shirt, girlfriend.

Later on that night, we went to see Pat Green's concert at the Rev Room. I only know about 4-5 Pat Green songs, but really like all of them. Once we got there I think we realized we weren't going to know very many people there, and then he didn't play any songs we knew until the very end. So, we could have saved some money and not gone, but oh well! We made a good time of it.
By the time he played Carry On and Wave on Wave it was all worth it!!

IMG_1231
...came upon me wave on wave...you're the reason I'm still here....

IMG_1235
..am I the one you were sent to save?...came upon me wave on wave...

The whole crowd sang along!

IMG_1236

It was a good time in Little Rock! We didn't get to see very many of our friends this weekend, but are hoping everyone will get together the Friday after Thanksgiving.

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

The Wantucks said...

Love the first pic of you and Keith!

Alexis Anderson said...

Kendall, that's hilarious! You sneaky thing.. :) Glad y'all had a fun weekend - can't wait to be the one who sees you! Have a great week.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)