6 years has passed, it's so hard to believe. Some times the memories of this day can be so painfully vivid. But, it seems like a lifetime since I've seen him.
I don't miss him any more today than I do any other.
I can't help but wonder about all the things he would have done. The person he would have become.
What would he be doing now?
My kids will never get the chance to know their Uncle Kyle.
These things make me sad.
But, my memories of him make me happy. He was such a happy person. Hilarious, fun, silly, and full of life. So, I shouldn't spend my days filled with sadness. He wouldn't want that for me, or anyone else.
It would be easy to crawl into a dark hole and give up some days, but I don't. Ican't won't spend the rest of my life hating November. Or being angry. Or shutting down.
November is beautiful. And, I love Thanksgiving. I love this month. I may not love today. It's a sad day on the calendar for me and my family.
But, not for him. On this date, he went to be with Jesus.
And that is more beautiful than anything I can imagine.
It would be easy to crawl into a dark hole and give up some days, but I don't. I
November is beautiful. And, I love Thanksgiving. I love this month. I may not love today. It's a sad day on the calendar for me and my family.
But, not for him. On this date, he went to be with Jesus.
And that is more beautiful than anything I can imagine.
Missing you, Kyle. Today. Always. Forever.







6 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Kendall, this brought tears to my eyes. A beautiful post and a beautiful way to remember your brother.
Thanks for the tears, they are definitely well spent! We love you Bollen family and are thinking of you on this day and always. You are a sweet sister, wife, daughter and friend, lets face it, you're darn near perfect. Miss you lots my little Ken-doll!! XOXOXO!
Kendall this is absolutely beautiful. Such sweet and honest words. I love you! What a great attitude to have even in a time of such sadness. I look up to you :) That was amazing
Kendall I am pretty aware that you don't think I follow you but every once and a while I get on and looks at "The Parkers" and then see Keeping up with the Jones and I click to see how you guys are doing. This post above was amazing. I have lost 2 wonderful close people in my life due to accidents and reading ur out look just helped me look at things better. Hope you and Keith are doing well and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Great blog/wall what ever its called...hehehe post.
~Shelly Gibbs~
I miss Kyle too even though I have never met him! I love your family and know full well how it hurts.
Holidays are bittersweet indeed.
I know I'm playing blog reading catch-up...but just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss :( those pics are precious.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)