Last night, we had ourselves a fine little shindig. It was the perfect night for a bonfire under the stars! A bunch of Keith's classmates came, and that meant a lot to him on this birthday! Here are the pics:
The food spread. I only made the dip in the center of this table. Ms Penny (my amazing mother-in-law) did everything else. That's right, she's a life-saver!
I did make Keith's birthday cake. Chocolate Ganache cake. I made it last year, too :)
This was when we were just setting up. The fire was a mere flicker then!
Let me set the scene for you here: I had a crazy week at work and really didn't get much done ahead of time. So, I had a lot to do just before the party started. Keith's flag football team had won their game the night before, so the championship game was going to take place at 6:30 before our party. Thus, Keith wasn't coming home to help me to do anything. All his friends would be following him home after the game.
When I got home at 6:00, I felt like a crazy woman. Dishes to clean, dead crickets to sweep off the patio, bales of hay to move, a fire to build, drinks to ice down, make the house tidy, light candles, freshen up, all in an hour. I was feelin' overwhelmed!!
Thankfully, Penny came to the rescue bearing lots of food and a great attitude. She helped me SO much! Ryan and Bob were there next to get the fire going and things set up outside. All was great! However, there was a period of about 25 minutes that they went back home to change clothes and I was left alone with a fire in the backyard. I had to "tend" to it. I had no idea what to do! If somebody was watchin', it would have been hilarious. I was throwing balls of newspaper at it, sticking in tiny pieces of wood. Hah! But, I apparently did all the right things and the party members showed up soon to enjoy it!
When I got home at 6:00, I felt like a crazy woman. Dishes to clean, dead crickets to sweep off the patio, bales of hay to move, a fire to build, drinks to ice down, make the house tidy, light candles, freshen up, all in an hour. I was feelin' overwhelmed!!
Thankfully, Penny came to the rescue bearing lots of food and a great attitude. She helped me SO much! Ryan and Bob were there next to get the fire going and things set up outside. All was great! However, there was a period of about 25 minutes that they went back home to change clothes and I was left alone with a fire in the backyard. I had to "tend" to it. I had no idea what to do! If somebody was watchin', it would have been hilarious. I was throwing balls of newspaper at it, sticking in tiny pieces of wood. Hah! But, I apparently did all the right things and the party members showed up soon to enjoy it!
The s'mores table outside.
Chuck and Keith. This is a little odd, guys!
S'more roasting time!!
I love my little Ku-jo. We were having a sing-a-long to Patty Griffin.
Ryan, he's in the habit of not showing his braces in photos :)
Now THAT'S a bonfire!
Keith was a really happy guy.
Happy Birthday to my hubby!!
Ms Penny. LOVE her.
Love the orange fire-y glow on everyone's faces.
The fire got bigger and better.
We had a pretty nice-sized group!
I like this pic.
The view from our patio.
Time for the birthday cake!!
...and many more...
Yes, the 6 and the 2 are different. I just had to buy the 6 this year :)
Class Pres and Vice Pres
Family pic!!
Group shot. Why is somebody holding beer up in the air!?
Yummy s'mores!
Julie, Trav, Kayla
Charles, you look so happy!
Nice behind, Matt.
I get the prize for the largest rear in the this picture!
Best buds.
...aaaaand that's creepy....
All in all, it was a really great time. I promised everyone we'd do it again soon!! Thanks to everyone that came!







0 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)