I'm not even sure where to begin with this post. I can't believe it's been 9 months since my last entry on this blog. First, I had no intentions of walking away from it, and still don't!
Life just happens.
Priorities shift.
And, I'm okay with that. I reached a point where this felt like an obligation that I needed to maintain instead of a passion project, which is the whole point. So, I needed a break. And, sometimes a break is a wonderful thing.
I so appreciate the emails I received and the friends that gave me a hard time about missing my recipes. Thanks for making me feel missed! Everything is okay. Keith and I are doing well and have been busy for all good reasons.

(we recently celebrated 6 years of marriage!)
After much thought, I've decided to pick back up on the blog, but it's time for a bit of a reinvention.
New name. New design. Fresh start.
You'll have to stay tuned for that development, but I'm excited to begin again and I am optimistic that this will be able to fit into my life a bit better now. Speaking of which, we've had a few things going on, so I'll get you caught up on all of that!
First up, we've moved to Charleston, South Carolina!

(Goodbye, Memphis!)
Yes, I actually live here now. Pinch me.

We don't actually live in this house, but man aren't those flowers gorgeous!

My husband, Keith, has been practicing dentistry for two years and decided to specialize as a pediatric dentist. Last Fall, we went through the application, interview and match process. We visited many schools, but one city stole our hearts and went straight to the top of our rank list. So, you can imagine our joy when we found out we matched to Charleston! We found out in January and just moved here 3 weeks ago.

I'm so proud of Keith. I cannot think of a better person to specialize in the needs of children. He is the most patient, kind, relatable, down to Earth person I know and kids adore him. After much prayer, and lots of years in school, it is so amazing to see God's plan unfold.

The program is for two years and then he'll be able to buy and/or start his own practice in the city of our choosing. We don't know where that will be, so for now, we feel incredibly blessed to be able to move to a wonderful place for this little window of time.

God's hand is in all things, and finding a place to live was no different. Through a connection in the pediatric dental field, we found a townhouse right where we wanted to be. We are a couple blocks from King Street (hellooooooo shoppping and restaurants) and a few blocks from MUSC (where Keith works). It's perfect for us and I already love, love, love this house.
Here are a few pictures, but I have so many more to share!


(Before)

(Part of the After)

In addition to all of this falling into place just right, I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home for my company based in Memphis. I love my job, so I couldn't ask for a better opportunity. There are huge perks to working from home, but there is a downside to being alone and away from your team. It's an adjustment that I'm getting used to, but I think it's going to be fantastic.

(my new office at home)
With all the new, exciting things we have happening in Charleston, we have so much to share with all of our friends and family that are 600+ miles away. I'll be using this blog to tell our story - both what I'm cooking and how I'm decorating, but also what adventures and discoveries we're making in this historic, charming town.


It's nice to be back! Stay tuned for more....










13 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Welcome to Charleston! What a small world. Email me at ksperkinson at gmail dot com and we can chat if there is any scoop you need. You actually live just a few blocks from my office!
Charleston looks beautiful!!!!!
Yay!! Welcome back, Charleston is so beautiful, what a fun place to move too.
I'm so glad you're back! And I'm so looking forward to hearing about all of your adventures in Charleston :) Have you ever read Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers or Hanging with the Hewitts? Both are blogs written by women living in Charleston. They seem to know a lot about fun restaurants and etc. in the area, Seems like a amazing place to live!
Welcome back! xoxo
Welcome back my dear!! I can't wait to see your adventures in Charleston!! I already knew you were a southern belle, so I can only imagine that you are fitting in perfectly! :)
What a great new adventure for the two of you. Charleston is so gorgeous - I'm sure you're going to have such a fabulous time in your new city. Can't wait to follow along on your new journey!
My heart skipped a beat when I saw a new post from you in Feedly! I'm so glad to read the update on your lives. Congrats on the new adventure! Can't wait to see what the new blog will have in store. (P.S. I'm also happy you're still in the same job! I hold a special place in my heart for those lovely folks and that time in my life.)
Glad to see you back! I missed your recipes as well!
I am so happy to see that you are back! I was just thinking about your blog and wondering what had happened to you, last week. It was so exciting to see all the pictures of Charleston, because my husband and I are headed that way in two weeks for a little vacation sans kids! It looks beautiful. Glad to see that you are well and enjoying life!
found your blog a few years ago through my realtor's blog. Loved all your updates and hated to see you not blogging, so I started following on instagram. Excited to follow your new adventures!
Little Rock, AR
Yay! Welcome back! I'm so excited to hear all about your new adventure! Much love all the way from Cali! <3
I'm so glad you're back! I love your decorating style and simple recipes!
How exciting!! What a wonderful adventure.
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)