Happy Monday! Today I'm sharing an enchilada recipe that has changed my life. Maybe that's a little dramatic, but these are seriously delicious! I've always liked enchiladas, but felt that most recipes I'd tried were all similar and nothing too memorable. These are different, and have been popular with dinner guests, too! The ingredients list is easy, and if I were smart, I'd keep everything on hand to make these at a moments notice. Thanks Stephanie Cooks for another favorite!
Honey Lime Enchiladas
Ingredients:
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime or several small)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (Rotisserie chicken is the VERY BEST chicken to use for enchiladas, trust me)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound (16 oz) Monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce (or red, both are yummy)1/2 cup light cream (such as half-and-half)
5 tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime or several small)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pound chicken, cooked and shredded (Rotisserie chicken is the VERY BEST chicken to use for enchiladas, trust me)
8-10 flour tortillas
1 pound (16 oz) Monterey jack cheese, shredded
16 ounces green enchilada sauce (or red, both are yummy)1/2 cup light cream (such as half-and-half)
1 spoonful sour cream
Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
Preheat oven to 350. Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan.
Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas.
Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream, and stir in the spoonful of sour cream. Pour sauce on top of
the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30
minutes until brown and crispy on top.








4 responses. Leave a Comment!:
Yum! Can't to try these! I will add them to my book! :)
I made these last night and they were so good. Thanks for posting them!
my wife love enchiladas, and the lemmon its a great ingredient!!
I'm making these for the Super Bowl tomorrow! - Elise
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!
I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)