Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Dr. Keith Jones!

Ladies and gentleman - Keith Jones is now a D.D.S.! Wooooohooooo! To say that I am excited and proud is a huge understatement. I could go on and on about how full my heart is to see him fulfill his lifelong dream. Years of hard work, all night study sessions and prayers have led him to this moment. Keith and I started dating his sophomore year of college, so I've been right by his side through this 8 year journey. I feel like I've graduated, too!

IMG_4761

For the past two days we have celebrated with a hooding and awards ceremony, a party at our house, the big graduation, followed by another celebratory dinner out. It has been so fun to toast Keith with our family and friends! Below are pictures from the ceremonies - I'll be making a separate post on the party at our house, because y'all know I went ALL OUT. He only graduates dental school once!

I took over 200 pictures, so these are just a few highlights:

First up, we had the hooding and awards ceremony. This was just for the dental school and his graduating class of 76. 

photo1

They received individual awards and were 'hooded' by teachers, mentors, or dental family members. Keith chose for my father and grandfather (both dentists, from LSU and Baylor respectively) to hood him. It was one of the best moments of the whole weekend. Keith was the only person to choose 2 special hooders, and it was very sweet.

IMG_4524

IMG_4525

I wish my picture wasn't blurry of my dad and grandpa hugging Keith, but I hear that some friends got a better version. And I will be stalking that school photographer for his copies!

IMG_4527

Keith is shaking hands with the deans, chancellor, and key professors. At this time, Keith was also given his awards - 7 total! I was so proud and blown away. There are only a few people in his class that won multiple awards, so I know Keith was really humbled to receive so many!

IMG_4532

So many awards, it was hard to carry them :)

IMG_4545

Later in the program, Keith had the opportunity to speak as the Class President. He did an excellent job!

IMG_4546

I helped him with his speech earlier in the week, which was fun. He made me tear up giving it!

IMG_4559
 
Afterwards, we snapped a few pics with this classmates and family. I am one beaming wife!

IMG_4552

Here he is with his very best friend from dental school, Miles. These two walk away from this experience with diplomas and a lifelong friendship. 

IMG_4553

One with the wives! Through dental school, we watched Miles fall in love and marry Caitlyn. So special!

IMG_4557

Keith with my grandfather, Dr Lindy Bollen, and my father, Dr. Lindy Bollen, Jr. Obviously, I have a love for dentists!

IMG_4558

My grandmother loves Keith as if he were her own grandson.

IMG_4561

Keith with Dr. Lloyd

IMG_4562

Sweet Katherine!

Next, we headed to the house to get ready for the party, and snapped a few more nice pics in the front yard:

IMG_4575

Keith with his grandparents.

IMG_4579

His beautiful, sweet Aunt Peggy.

IMG_4586

Keith's parents and siblings.

IMG_4595

One of his mentors, Dr. Ben Burris.

IMG_4597

A congrats hug from his lovely wife, Bridget.

IMG_4602

My proud Dad, who switched to a bow tie to play bartender :)

{Then, we had a really awesome party. I'll be sharing those pics in my next post.}

The next day was Graduation time! The day it became official. Of course, we took the opportunity to take even more pictures:

IMG_4676

My mom LOVES Keith so much. She was just as proud as I was :)

IMG_4681

More with his 'hooders' - they are excited to welcome Keith as the next dentist in my family!

IMG_4699

Proud siblings.

IMG_4700

Ceremony time at the FedEx Forum!

IMG_4731

That's a lot of health professional graduates! Medicine, Pharmacy, Dental, Nursing, Allied Health, etc.

IMG_4732

Keith's class being presented for graduation.

IMG_4754

About to go on stage!

IMG_4762

Accepting his diploma from the Dean of the dental college.

IMG_4764

Keith was surprised when he went in for the hug. I think those professors really loved him and are sad to see him go!

IMG_4766

The UT Chancellor.

IMG_4778

And afterwards - here we are!! Dr and Mrs Keith Jones!!

IMG_4780

Proud parents, indeed.


We had another celebratory evening over sushi. We all put on our comfortable clothes and relaxed. All of the pomp and circumstance of ceremonies can make you tired!

IMG_4786

It's over - yahooo!

IMG_4782

Keith and Ryan accidentally matched.

IMG_4789

Our cute, sweet, short moms! I love that they are friends :)

photo3

Group pic! What a fun night!

photo4

Congratulations, my dear. We made it!

5 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Katy said...

Congratulations Kendall and Keith!!!! SO SO proud of y'all!!!!!! Kendall I've followed your blog a long time and you've been such a supporting wife to Keith all this time!! Y'all are a couple to look up to!!! Celebrate!!!

Mrs. S said...

I've been reading forever and just realized one of my friends from high school graduated from dental school UTM just this weekend as well small world!
Congrats!

Meagan said...

how amazing! Congrats to you and yourhubby!

Michele said...

What an amazing theme party! You should do that for a living! Thanks for sharing your special celebration with us and congratulations to Keith!

pay per head said...

congratulations, you have a great future ahead

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)