Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Thai Chicken Pizza

Hey there! I hope your Monday was a good one. I just finished watching the drama unfold on The Bachelor, and I was so entertained that I pulled my laptop out halfway through to catch up on reading blogs :) I will say, the end was a shocker because I adored Kacie B. I like to call Ben Flajnik Ben Beige-nik. Snore fest. He obviously isn't the wisest guy if you look at the great ladies he's sent home. Do you watch the show? It's a silly, trashy TV addiction of mine that I just love. The suspense of the rose ceremony gets me every time!

Anyway, here is a delicious pizza recipe that I just made up on the fly last week when trying to use some leftovers from my Slow-Cooker Asian Chicken Salad. This turned out pretty tasty!

IMG_3457

Thai Chicken Pizza

Ingredients:
1 pre-baked pizza crust (or refrigerated pizza dough)
1/4 cup housin sauce*
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter*
1/2 tsp sriracha hot sauce*
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger*
2-3 Tbsp hot water*
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (I used chicken from this recipe)
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup sliced red onion
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped peanuts

Heat oven to 425. If using a pre-baked crust, I like to place pizza crust top side down on round baking stone (or greased cookie sheet) and bake first to get it crispier. Bake 4-5 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; turn crust top side up.

Mix together sauce ingredients: housin, peanut butter, sriracha and ginger. Whisk in hot water and stir until smooth. Spread over pizza crust. **I put asterisks above on the ingredients because this makes a lot of sauce. I wouldn't put it all on your crust, unless you love peanut sauce or have a larger crust. You could easily half it if you like lighter sauce amounts on your pizza.**

Top crust with mozzarella cheese, chicken, red onions and carrots. Bake for 7-9 minutes for pre-baked and 15-20 for refrigerated dough.

Top pizza with chopped cilantro and peanuts.

Enjoy!

0 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)