Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Menu Monday 2/6/12

I hope your week is off to a great start! What did you think of the big game yesterday? The Super Bowl wasn't all that exciting to me until the very end. I thought Madonna was great, and the commercials were average. I much more enjoyed two good movies we watched this weekend: 50/50 and Courageous. Both had me laughing and tearing up and different parts!

Anyway, it's time for Menu Monday!

mosaic67c521a75ef456bdddfd6328f2d4d0f52c7c564d

Here's what we've got cookin' up. Can you tell that chicken is a theme? I don't think I've ever made so much of one type of meat in one week, hopefully we can handle the repetition! From top left:

Caprese Chicken: We make this all the time. It's so simple, you don't need a recipe! Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt & pepper. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Grill until cooked through. Top with mozzarella slices, tomatoes and basil. Drizzle with a bit more EVOO and balsamic.

Chinese Chicken Salad: This recipe comes from a Better Homes & Gardens special edition magazine "Eating Well," and I couldn't find this online to link to. It uses a slow cooker to cook the chicken during the day. We'll see how it turns out!

Result: Awesome! Click here for the recipe.

Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Mustard Sauce with Rosemary Potatoes: Here's a Cooking Light recipe I've had bookmarked to try for a long time. I am confident this will be tasty! The positive reviews on My Recipes are pretty reliable. I'll be sure and share our photo and thoughts after we've tried it.

Verdict: Outstanding! Click here for my post with the recipe.

What are you making this week?

3 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Rachel said...

I've been dyyyying to make some kind of Caprese Chicken...I'm totally making that recipe this week! Looks delicious. Always love your recipe boards...you are the best domestic little wife!

Shari said...

I love caprese style chicken. I use a little bit different of a recipe. But the flavors sound exactly the same. :)

Katy said...

Hi Kendall!! This weekend I totally stalked/read allllll your blog posts from past years. You probably saw a spike in your hits and it was ME! :). I was so sad to be done reading them all. You and Keith are too cute and I aspire to be as good of a cook as you after we are married in May. Your house is lovely, but I can tell from your posts that you are lovely as a person--and funny too!! Sorry for being so dern cheezy but thanks for blogging!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)