Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Holiday Scenes

Christmas Eve is here! The last two days of no-work-all-play have been fabulous. I've been busy in the kitchen and wrapping presents. Christmas music plays non stop. Keith and I have enjoyed making dinner together the last few nights, followed up by lots of rented movies. It's been pretty perfect! Mom and Dad arrived today and the festivities begin tonight at 5:00 with the Christmas Eve service at church.

In the meantime, here are a few scenes from around our cozy holiday house...

IMG_3137

The presents are wrapped with love under the tree.

IMG_3119

Inspired by Pinterest, I used parchment paper and various ribbon from Michael's. I stamped each person's name on their gifts. I had fun doing that this year!

IMG_3127

I think this style of gift wrap is my favorite. Casual, rustic and sweet.

IMG_3133

The ribbon at Michael's this year was fabulous! I bought a lot when it was on sale one day.

IMG_3136

I can't wait for our loved ones to open these gifts tomorrow morning!

IMG_3154

Yesterday, my parents sent us these beautiful tulips with evergreen. I also love looking at the Christmas cards on the wall.

IMG_3158

I've really enjoyed this advent calendar sent to me by my friend Kelsey. The various scripture verses each day have been so powerful to read as Christmas Day approaches.

IMG_3157

The house smells amazing thanks to this concoction on the stove. Also inspired by Pinterest!

IMG_3142

These delicious Chocolate Chip M&M cookies may not last until tomorrow at the rate that Keith is eating them :)

IMG_3159

But, you'll have to excuse me now. This cozy blanket from Target is calling my name. Time to get some rest in before the evening.

Merry Christmas to all!

2 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Michelle said...

Ooh I love your packages and that is an awesome advent calendar! Hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas!

Kristen Sylvester said...

I love love love your advent any idea where she got it from would love one that is like that for christmas.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)