Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Summer Reading

There's just something about the heat of summer, and trips to the beach, that make me want to spend lots of my time with a good book.

Here's what I've enjoyed reading over the last couple of months:


lastchinesechef

The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
My sister recommended this book to me, and I loved it. I love the way it speaks about the meaning of food in the Chinese culture. It also made me hungry. A great book for foodies!!


theluckyone

The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks
This was one of my beach reads, and I finished it in a couple of days. Nicholas Sparks does not dissapoint, and this is one of my favorites of his that I've read. I hope this one will be made into a movie, too!



eat.pray_.love_.-book

Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
I'll be honest, this was hard to start, and hard at the middle (on the second part of her journey, in India). But, it was so worth it to read the whole thing. I ended up loving the book! Stick with it if you're trying to get through it. And see the movie!


the help

The Help, by Kathryn Stockett
This is one of the most talked about books of summer. I'm hearing about it everywhere! It is one of the best books I've ever read. I stayed up until 2 am one morning to finish it because I just could not stop reading. Excellent! You must, must, must read this.


littlebee

Little Bee, by Chris Cleave
This is the book I'm currently reading and I just got started. I'm about to do a lot of travel for work, so I should have this read quickly from all my down time on planes. 


What have you read lately that I should add to my list?

7 responses. Leave a Comment!:

Miss V said...

Loved The Lucky One and Eat Pray Love! I read "Firefly Lane", by Kristen Hannah which was great but be ready for tears and I just finished "Little Earthquakes" which I'm blanking on the author but also LOVED. If you haven't already read it read "The Choice" also by Nicholas Sparks!! The Help is next on my list can't wait!!

Lynsi Hartman said...

I finished "Water for Elephants" and am now reading "The Art of Racing in the Rain", both good. But if you have never read "Redeeming Love", go get it now! It is a must! "The Help" is next on my list, so glad you liked it!!

Meredith Pettigrew said...

Told ya you would like Help. I loved it too!

Caroline said...

I loved "The Lucky One". I actually can't wait to see the movie. I've heard such great things about all of these books.

Kendall said...

The Help is awesome! I loved it! (And somehow I'm not surprised you did either :)) I am going to have to add a few of these others to my GoodReads.com "to read" shelf!!

Kristen {a little ditty} said...

I've been doing a ton of summer reading too! It's messing with my sleep schedule, I get really into them and stay up super late reading! Let me know what you think of Little Bee, I just finished it. Not quite what I thought it would be. I'm going to have to read that N. Sparks one, looks good!

Jamie said...

I really want to read "The Lucky One" too! I'm glad it was good :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)