Hello! Welcome to Keeping Up with the Joneses. Thanks for stopping by! We're a young couple living in the East Arkansas/Memphis area otherwise known as The Delta, with a love for family, friends, faith and food.

We believe that some of the best memories are created at home around the dinner table, and when entertaining those you love. This little blog is where I share recipes, wine, our home and our life. Enjoy! -Kendall

What You'll Find:

I love to try new recipes. In fact, I rarely make the same thing twice. I'm a bona-fide cookbook collector, Pinterest addict and magazine aficionado. On the blog, you'll see what I've got cooking.

I love wine, y'all, so from time to time I feature bottles I've loved. Crafts and decorating our little house are passions of mine, so you may see some of that. Thanks for stopping by!

Herbed Cheese Crackers

Here's appetizer #2 in my quest to post 10. My goal is to post one new appetizer a week. So far, so good! :)

IMG_7308

This week = Crackers. 
Fancy, right?

IMG_7311

Well, these are no ordinary crackers. And I suppose this is really more of a snack than an appetizer, but really, what's the dif? These would be PERFECT for tailgating!



Herbed Cheese Crackers courtesy of Paula Deen

2 (10.5 oz) boxes of Ritz Bitz (cheese flavor, be sure you don't get peanut butter! :)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 (1 oz) package ranch salad dressing seasoning
1 heaping Tbsp of dried dill
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp celery salt

IMG_7270

So simple, it's silly.

IMG_7280

In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients.

IMG_7285

Add in vegetable oil...

IMG_7287

...and stir with a whisk.

IMG_7291

Put the crackers in a freezer-safe container that will seal.

IMG_7294

Pour the mixture into the container and over the crackers.

IMG_7297

Shake it up!

IMG_7298

Refrigerate for at least 24 hours for the best flavor. Turn it around every now and to spread the love.


IMG_7324

Let them come to room temperature before serving.
They are SO addicting!! We love them :)

11 responses. Leave a Comment!:

In This Wonderful Life said...

I LOVE THESE!!! I avoid making them because I eat them allllllllll

Tracy said...

These look so yummy. I came across your site a couple of months ago and have been enjoying every post since. You make entertaining look sooo easy. I actually stole some of your ideas this summer for a party my husband and I had. BTW, would you mind sharing where you got your adorable measuring cups?

Tracy said...

Cool, thanks Kendall. I actually have a Pier I close by. Looking forward to many more of your ideas.

Jamie said...

These look delicious!

annecase said...

yumm-o! Can't wait to give them a try!

Caroline said...

These sound amazing! I'll have to try them. It was wonderful meeting you last night. You have a new follower. :)

Kendall's Entertaining Life said...

I just stored these away for my recipe file! Can't wait to try this one out during football season!

Leslie said...

Hi, Kendall! Loved getting to chat with you earlier this week! And I have a really similar cracker recipe that uses oyster crackers instead of the Ritz Bitz...so addictive!

Anonymous said...

These look so yummy!! I want to try them this weekend :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear from readers and each message means a lot to me!

I respond to questions by email. If you leave a question in your comment, please make sure to list your email address or check your profile settings to ensure that it will be visible to me. I want to be able to write you back! :)